DOA colonized jar? how long for declaration?

Started by tritone, May 26, 2010, 12:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tritone

I took a peek and looked at my jars, I told myself I would wait 3 weeks. I saw a big snowflake  -_- on 2 out of 6. I suspect many will not work.
My question is how long should I wait for colonization to initiate before declaring the jar DOA? thanks ladies & gentlemen good will to all -_-

dub504

How long has it been since you inoculated them?

tritone

Quote from: dub504 on May 26, 2010, 01:37:18 PM
How long has it been since you inoculated them?
hello dub504 that would be 7 days thanks for all your help!

dub504

I would wait maybe another week. Make sure they are in the right conditions. It's a slow hobby, sometimes.

Fun Guy

at least another week.  I waited 2.5 weeks one time and then reinnoc. and the next morning had growth from first innoc. and ended that i fucked them up from messing with them.  be patient.  3 weeks is a good amount of time to be sure. 

Vandal_xx

I noticed that if your jars are in 60F it will take way longer than if they are at 80F.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

tritone

-_- thanks Fun guy & Vandal xx

I think 3 weeks makes sense to me. LOL @ fun guy's story, good one, I'll be patient.
@ Vandal, I live in a cold climate so this is an issue for me, not to many days over 80 many days below 32. I'll have to figure something out,
can't be too hard. I'll say something from a newbies perspective " all in all shroomies are much easier to cultivate than the holy herb". that is my opinion.
Enjoy life and good will soldiers! :wub:

dub504

Figure out a incubator and you'll be set...  :ph34r:

Vandal_xx

Youi can use a small tub with your jars in it inside of a larger tube with some water and an aquarium heater in it set to 75F or someshit, just make sure you put a thermometer in the tub with your jars to make sure it doesn't get too hot in there. That's what I did in the winter here. I live in the northern NE of USA and it's cold in the winter here too.
Feel good before dying!!!!!