One more in the long list of questions

Started by Vandal_xx, June 03, 2010, 04:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandal_xx

Hey guysI have two questions
I have 8 BRF jars in a box in a dark closet wrapped in a towel. One of them is fruiting invetro like crazy. The rest have no fruits or even pins. What may cause this one jar to start fruiting at 80+% colonization??

When I birth and soak I will pull these fruits off, are they good for munching with the same or simmilar potantcy to a regular fruit??

A little more info.... All jars were multispore innocs. of a strain I have grown before stored between 70 and 80F
Thanks guys!
Feel good before dying!!!!!

tritone

Vandal, could this be a godzilla fungi?  ^_^ just joking... but seriously could be worth cloning or isolating strain... something I  never done but plan to try some day soon I hope..

Cheers and good luck!

ImAFungi

Thats crazy man. I would try and attempt to clone that bad boy. :ph34r:

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

dub504

Let that flush finish out invitro. If you can clone, you should. The fruits will be safe and will do the trick.

Vandal_xx

What would be the reason to clone this guy? It's not doing what I want it to do! Why would you clone it DUB?

crystalpoint

Quote from: dub504 on June 04, 2010, 03:39:52 PM
Let that flush finish out invitro. If you can clone, you should. The fruits will be safe and will do the trick.

i agree with dub, let those silly shrooms grow invitro, you can get some potent mush invitro, hang on to your butts!

Vandal_xx

How will I know when they are ready to be picked/cake birthed? Will the caps start to blow up and get big like usual?? I checked the jar today and some of the stems are looking bluish and they are pretty long. Should I pick them now?

lostcause1138

pick'em just as the veil (cap) pulls off from the stem. (the classic mushroom shape)

dub504

A strain that fruits easily would be desired and could be good for other invitro projects. But, if it's not your style by all means just eat those suckers! You will just have to make a good guess when to birth. Jar invitro can be kind of difficult to read. I just said fruit it invitro because the cake wasn't fully colonized. If it still isn't when you birth it after you pick your fruits, scrape off uncolonized parts etc.

Vandal_xx

Now I got u dub! Sometimes I still show a little bit of my newbieness. Yeah... I haven't had the time to get super into cloneing and making LC and shit. Just trying to make sure my and my bros can get silly every month or so. Thanks dudes!!!!

dub504