Drying teks

Started by spucoly, June 18, 2010, 09:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spucoly

Could some one point me in the right direction of a tek for drying out cuebensies in a humid area of Texas. total noob....plz help almost there. :huh:

F.W.Despot

man i have just rapped mine in a paper towel and put in a window sill but u can go to a pet store and buy silica gel kitty litter and it will suck all the moisture out of things

dub504

The flower drying pellets work well too. Put your fruits in a free USPS tyvek mailer so they don't come in contact with the silica gel (can be reused, dry in oven)
    Dehydrators with adjustable temps work great too. You want the lowest setting, usually for herbs and spices.

spucoly

Why a tyvek mailer?  Couldn't poring some of the clear kitty litter in a bucket and rapping the fruits in a paper towel then placing them on top of the kitty litter and sealing the top of the bucket with 4 hols on top do the trick?

dub504

See if it works for you. You might get the kitty litter, paper towel, mush stuck together. Maybe a rack to create some space.

Vandal_xx

I put Mine on a plate on a couple paper towels and put a fan on them for 4 days or so and store in a plastic bag with a few silica jell packs. No probs yet.
Feel good before dying!!!!!