Newbie concerned with cleanliness

Started by RiriMouse, August 03, 2010, 10:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiriMouse

So it's my first time(she said, blushing) and I'm concerned that my pet cats make for a less-than-ideal sterilized work environment.  Other than constant vaccuming to eliminate furballs, what other concerns should I have regarding sterilizing my work area(s)?

RiriMouse

OK, I suppose I deserve a "duh" on that one.  I guess for the purposes of this forum, I'll let you know that it's okay to assume that I'm not a filthy moron, I do clean up after my pets, and I am generally a tidy person, if not a true neat-freak. I just am wondering if anyone knows if I need to take any EXTRA precautions regarding my project and my pets coexisting in my apartment. 1)I don't want the cats to be exposed to something that the fungi may present, and 2)I don't want the project to suffer from anything that may exist in even the tidiest of cat-owning households.

dub504

I would suggest a general cleaning of your work/grow area. Water with 10% bleach will clean/sterilize surfaces. Lysol air sanitizer works well before clean work. Iso Alcohol for cleaning tools etc. A glove box or flow hood is a great thing to have as well. Some people run a hepa filter but I never have. GL