2 weeks no mycelium

Started by inked 23, October 03, 2010, 05:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inked 23

ok guys getting a little frustrated 2 weeks no mycelium no foul smell checking 2 times a week b plus brf cakes any ideas the first few days temp was low checked often should i give it longer i can see white but i believe its just the brown rice flour any ideas two weeks and no signs of any change temp has been between 80 _85

ImAFungi

inked 23,
   Sometimes it can take awhile for mycelium to show its face,especially with brf/verm tek. I would say give it some more time. A pic would def help. :ph34r:

~ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

fungiguy

be careful with your temperature. 85 is a little high. you want the mycellium to beat out the contaminates. i keep my incubator at a steady 81. the cakes are good for beginners, but i found popcorn very easy to work with. it is cheap and fast to colonize.

dub504

Some folks even keep em in the 70's...  :ph34r:

fungiguy

hey dud, are you saying that you keep your incubator in the 70's? :huh:

dub504

Yes, that be what I'm saying. There seems to be a evolving consensus in the community that 80's is too warm and may lead to more contamination, since cube myc will grow fine in the 70's but competitors will not. Myce won't grow as fast but competitor molds and bacteria really like the higher temps...

Vandal_xx

dude I have definaltly waited 3 weeks for growth. Also I have had great luck incubating with temps between 65 and 85. Natural temp in my house in winter and summer with no probs. good luck man. waiting is key. The less you fuck with it the better!
Feel good before dying!!!!!

fungiguy

thanks dub, i think i will lower the temp. it is at a steady 81. i had a couple of jars go green on me recently, mabye that could of been avoided.