Drying

Started by spucoly, July 16, 2010, 06:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spucoly

Does drying out the shrooms increase potency

dub504

Nope, but it does preserve them so they won't rot. It can also make it easier to judge dosing.

Vandal_xx

Yeah two buddies and I went canoeing this weekend and I on;y had a few dried and a bunch of fresh. I think we all took more than we had thought we were taking. Still had a blast, just a bit crazyer that expected.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

dub504

spucoly

Would placing them in a paper towel and setting them in a window seal do the trick?

dub504

A fan would really help. Silica gel for flower drying works well too.

sin2win

Vandal_xx

I put mine in front of a small fan for a few days then into a bag with a big ass thing of that stuff they put in with beef jerky to keep it dry(I can't think of the name of it) Deccasant or someshit. They seem to keep quite well.

psilocybin warrior

*deccisent

Do you let your fruits touch it?

Q - Would placing them in a paper towel and setting them in a window seal do the trick?

A - perhaps, but it would take a lot longer and they might not get fully dry. Try to get a fan and some wire mesh, or a dehydrator, if you plan on keeping up with this hobby that is.

Vandal_xx

No PW my fruits dont touch it..... I have some jumbo pouches of the shit in a porous paper type pouch. Works awsome for storage

Azurascender

*desiccant

I use a long plastic table (like a beer pong table) covered in wax paper in my closet. Underneath this table I use an adjustable ceramic heater set to 85-90 degrees, and a dehumidifier set to the lowest humidity setting. It usually takes only two days to get a tabletop of mushrooms dry this way.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

Vandal_xx