temps for casing

Started by Vandal_xx, October 10, 2010, 05:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandal_xx

Hey guys... still stuck in the old pftek cake rut. hoping to switch to grains soon. Anyways I want to try crumbling a couple cakes and casing them. I know that after casing you need to let the deal setup in the dark for a few days till you can see a little mycylium poking through. I will brush up on my tek before I try it. But I need to know if I need to have a good 75F to incubate my casing or will 60-65 be okay. I ask only bcause I havent set up my warming device in my incubation chamber and I keep my house fairly cool in the winter to save loot. If this is too cold I will just set up my fishtank heater setup. Little input please!! Thanks guys!
Feel good before dying!!!!!

dub504

Hey vandal,
You really don't have to incubate the casings. The myc will knit back together before it reaches through the casing. It will work fine if you case and toss in the FC, then just patch any spots that need it when the time comes. I do however think you'd be better off keeping the temps in the 70's though. GL

Vandal_xx

Thanks dub...If I'm hearing you right just case and into the FC will work with skipping the incubation step. Thanks for the input!
Feel good before dying!!!!!