Knocked Up

Started by ImAFungi, October 12, 2010, 11:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

I'm happy to say I just knocked up 7 quart jars and 4 pint jars of corn today. I took a break from growing over the summer so this is my first grow in awhile. Its actually my first time doing corn as well. I knocked up 4 w/ Ban Hua Thanon, 4 w/ Tak Mountain, and 3 w/ African Transki (ralphster's sotm). I'm very excited about this grow because its my first time with corn and with Ban Hua Thanon, which I have heard good things. As soon as these babies start doing something I will def. post pics. :ph34r:

~ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

Vandal_xx

When doing grains or popcorn or anything else besides PFtek, do yoiu need LC or will a homemade spore syringe do just fine?
Feel good before dying!!!!!

Vandal_xx

Oh yeah..... Rip it up Fungi! Love hearing people getting back into it. I'm about to have my one year of growing anniversary!

dub504

Cool ImAFungi! I hope you share some pics at some point. GL with your grow. If you get the urge to do a mono tub, I can point you to a really simple tek.

Vandal, spores will germinate fine on grains too... If you have a glove box or flow hood you could just scrape some spores directly onto the grains, make a spore syringe, or some clone material will work...

ImAFungi

Hope its a good one vandal. Got anything special cooking for the event?

Dub, probably going to stick with simply casing my first batch but I def. want to progress to mono tub soon. Now I know the man to ask. Thanks

ImAFungi

Just seeing my first patches of white on my jars. :ph34r: I've been keeping the temps slightly above 70 degrees. From what I've read this may slow the speed but help keep those contams at bay. Ill take some pics once some significant growth appears. Hope life is good :mellow:

~ImAFungi

Vandal_xx

yeah i am fungi... just got a little PC. Gonna step up my game a little.

ImAFungi

Yea PC's are expensive but oh so worth it because of the possibilities it unlocks. Should def. post some pics. It would be sweet if we can get some more people around. But anyway, what are you thinking of using as ure substrate now that you got ureself a PC?

Azurascender

Dub,
          I am interested in this mono tub tek actually! :) I usually just do a bulk run on kitty litter pans, never made an attempt at a mono tub. There's a guy on youtube (mycelian), that made a video of such and I was impressed with the results. Point me in the right direction? Thanks meng!  :ph34r:
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

Vandal_xx

I'm going to start with some popcorn to experiment a little bit. then I think I'll try some millet. I will post photos soon! As always I love the input from yous guys. Hopefully as the winter comes people will spend more time inside and on this forum. Good luck everyone!

ImAFungi

Nice :ph34r: Can't wait to see your pictures! My jars are really starting to take off. The weird thing is that my jars are colonizing on the bottoms much quicker. After they become a little more colonized, I'm going to give them a good shake. Any suggestions on colonizing corn anyone?

fungiguy

shaking your jars is a good idea. it will colonize the corn faster. i shake my jars twice during that cycle. always good results.

ImAFungi

Yup, that is what I have been doing and its working great.