Spore printing

Started by FunguyB, October 23, 2010, 07:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunguyB

So I got one of my big caps and have left it out for almost 4 days now. I can see the spores sitting under the head of the cap that shit is wild it does that. OK so when I take the cap away, I want to keep that paper with the print in a sealed environment correct? Then I just need to get a q-tip and get some spores off and put into some grains or rye seeds and start again. I know you can make a syringe but not know how to do it, plus used a spore print sample the first time so trying to keep easy and on one track so I can perfect and then branch out to cooler and other cultivation types. Any help on this would be great.

Newb ? that cap is still good to eat also right after the print is done?

Vandal_xx

you can eat the cap...no worries. Making a spore syring is real easy man. Look it up on youtube, There is one or two good videos. Just remember when you are scraping the spores off into a jar or anytime the spores are exposed it is a good idea to so work in a clean glovebox. good luck
Feel good before dying!!!!!

substrate

Yeah, the "let's grow mushrooms" guy has a really good vid about spore printing and making that into a syringe or Lc.  You can make your own inoculation loop with a plastic straw and a paper punch, it's helpful in scrubbing the spores off of the print into your sterile water.