Pics of my Popcorn

Started by ImAFungi, October 25, 2010, 05:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

Here are pics of my 4 pints jars colonized with Ban Hua Thanon:

I still got 7 quart jars coming along nicely as well.
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

substrate

Nice!  Be sure to knock those loose and roll the popcorn around in the jar a bit.  That will help blend the colonized and uncolonized kernels.

dub504

ImAFungi

Thanks, I'm casing tom. as soon as I get out of class :ph34r:. How big of a tray would you use for 3 or 4 pints of popcorn? It would be sweet if I could case them together since I only have one FC right now.

~ImAFungi

darksyde

3-4 pints should fit nicely into an 8 X 4 disposable foil loaf pan.. I used those quite a bit for my rye when I started

ImAFungi

I used a slightly bigger one, 12x9x3in. That isn't too big is it? I cased all 4 jars, so now is the moment of truth, will I succeed or will I get contamed? Wish me luck guys! I'll post pics once the casing starts colonizing.

~ImAFungi

Vandal_xx

Please do.... When casing do you put a casing layer on the bottom and top like a sandwitch or just on the top like a chick riding me? :wub:
Feel good before dying!!!!!

ImAFungi

Haha :mellow: Well from the casing guide I used, ( http://www.shroomery.org/54/50-50-Casing-Tek ), it told me to put a 1/2in layer of vermiculite at field capacity on the bottom, then your substrate, then your casing mix. So that's what I did.

~ImAFungi

Vandal_xx

Feel good before dying!!!!!

ImAFungi

Wednesdays

ImAFungi

Sad to say my first casing, which had 2 quarts in it, got the green meanie just as it was starting to pin. Heartbreaking...
But I had 7 other quarts of popcorn. I have 2 small casings, 1 quart each. Now I'm waiting for the other 5 to fully colonize. Might do a small scale bulk grow. Ill get some pics up soon. :ph34r:

darksyde

ImAFungi

yea, I dont think my FC had enough FEA. After sterilizing my whole lab and cleaning out my FC with 91% alcohol, I drilled way more holes. Im trying to find that sweet spot.

anti-babylon

that is great!

I wonder what is the difference beetwen this method and the pf tek with jars.

I suppose that when you have your pop corn ready you could use it for colonizing other popcorn jars?
and when it ready where do you put it? directly on a substrate?

anti-babylon

OK sorry if I'm a little bit confused but I'm asking just to know which is the best way to do it..
also because I'm new to this its my first time that all the jar are going To be colonized (hope it doesn't show up thricodermia mold)

i want to ask you , as a first timer , the best way now is that i dunk and roll the cake separately or that i case them in order to maintain a much higher
humidity?

the strain is equadorian

anti-babylon

thanks man for advice , this is inspiring (if i said it correct)

So I have 6 glass inoculated i think i will act this way,:  I'm gonna try on 3 to leave it like brf cakes and dunk it and roll it.
on one wanna  try to leave it directly in the glass, because i have seen a guy in a video that says that if you leave it in the glass and just pour some water over , like one time a day,  the mycelium will stay much more hydrated .

So you are saying that if i broke up the cakes it will be no problem ?

I'm thinking to brake up the 2 remnants glass and casing them so i will see the true difference beetween the techniques.

What should i use like casing material? i have here some soil , and some expanded clay.

Ps: sorry if im using your post ImaFungi!! i will open soon one mine

ImAFungi

Finally got one of my casings to start pinning w/o getting trich.

Also got my monotub colonizing. Just waiting a couple more days to take a peek :rolleyes:

anti-babylon

nice!! what do you use like substrate?

ImAFungi

Yea used damions easy coir tek from shroomery. Looks about 3x times better now. I need to take another pic.