Raising humidity in a mycobag

Started by FunguyB, October 27, 2010, 09:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunguyB

Hey everyone it is me again. So I am on my 2nd flush and wanted to get the humidity rise but i have a bag set up so trying to figure out how to do it. I have the bag just sitting in a small terrarium and was thinking of get a heat pad and put it in a towel. Then setting the bag on top of that but making sure it is not to hot. I was also thinking doing that putting towel under the terraium and then putting towel inside the terrarium for the bag to sit on. I do not know if this would even help. Anyone out there can help me out?

FunguyB

Well I guess no one really knows to much on that they want to share. SO here are pics from  3 hours ago my hand is by a small one and the largest one weighted almost 50 grams. The humidity outside my bag is 50% to 65% so I would think it would be a little higher by 5 to 8 percent in bag.

Check them out, tell me what you guys think?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/sburben/2010-10-30143424.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/sburben/2010-10-30143502.jpg

darksyde

Sorry I couldnt be of any help.. I tried looking through posts at mycotopia and shroomery but didnt see anything worth offering.
It may be possible to inject some distilled water into the bag perhaps, creating some humidity through evaporation, but maybe someone else could weigh in on the idea before you proceed.
The shrooms look great though other than the split cap, but thats the humidity issue, and I had trouble with that in 1 of my FC's before I started using that Tek I was showing you.. Ive got alot of things in the works right now too so hopefully we can breathe some life back in to this forum and start sharing more pics of nice flushes..  :mellow:

FunguyB

yes after i pulled still have a few growning still not capped, so I sprayed all sides of bags with distilled water and the log a little, I think i may need to spray or inject the log. Did you get the email i sent you earlier, i hit send message and dissappeared but doesnt show in my outbox.

let me know darksyde