Buying From Amazon: Is it Safe?

Started by contra12, November 02, 2010, 08:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

contra12

Hey,

Basically, I want to know if anyone has ever had a bad experience (or if you know anyone who has run into trouble) buying their growing supplies from Amazon.

I just ask because when I put vermiculite and BRF in my cart, amazon automatically suggests the rest of the supplies for the pf-tek (jars, pressure cooker, etc). This worries me. Will I end up on some sort of list if I buy it? Does Amazon actively provide information to the authorities?

The last thing I need is the cops to knock down my door as soon as I get my first flush. Am I just better off going to neighborhood stores and paying in cash, or am I just being paranoid?

I figured I would ask someone who has tried before. How much of your supplies did you buy on amazon? Did you ever run into any trouble?

--Contra12

ImAFungi

I would think its safe. Alot of people from here ordered there equipment from amazon, including me, and we haven't had any trouble. I bought my tropic aire system, air pump, PC, and the hydrometer.

~ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

mian iqbal

i am newone in this forum and happy to join

chains

Im sure its fine and dandy purchasing innocent items such as brf and verm from amazon, but since im of a paranoid nature i tend to get most of my supplies from local shops just in case...
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

moorhS

you all are paranoid, the DEA doesn't go after us small timmers.. but some brf isn't going to get ya busted.... many people buy those ingredients plus many more ie. grow bags, and spores.... but that's just my ideas on the subject... who knows how well they actually monitor this shit :)

moorhS

chains

Just because im paranoid doesnt mean their not after me  :mellow:
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

Azurascender

The reason it shows all of the other mushroom grow supplies is because they use the "those who bought this item, also purchased" theme on their site. And wouldn't ya know, most people that buy canning jars and pressure cookers happen to be the ones buying coir and grain etc.
You have nothing to fear, it's just an automated site recommendation feature.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

lowderwin

its safe, i guss so