Check out my drying setup

Started by bluerunner, November 07, 2010, 02:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluerunner

Ok so here I got two pics of my setup.

materials: Plastic container, desiccant, aluminum tray, drying rack, ceiling fan.

So I pretty much just harvested these guys, and placed them on this here rack over some desiccant.  The container is open and has no lid covering it.

What you can't see is the ceiling fan above running on high and the cuts + holes I put into the aluminum tray to let the water fall through.

and yea I plan to leave them like this for 24-48 hrs.

This is my first time drying my harvest, normally I always chew em fresh but I've grown more than I can eat in one sitting so..  here I am. lol

Those of you pros out there, can you tell me what you think?  Is this effective or not? All thoughts and comments welcome!

-Peace, and happy growing.
Think for yourself, question authority.

Vandal_xx

IMO you should put them in front of a fan for a day or two and then put them into a closed conainer with the dessicant or whatever it is. if not the dessicant will just suck the moisture out of the air and not your mushies! good luck
Feel good before dying!!!!!

ImAFungi

Yea I agree. Ive heard from multiple to fan dry then move to the dessicants. Like the setup tho. :mellow:

~ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

bluerunner

Yea I discovered that leaving it open like that was not such a good idea.  So now I just put them under the fan for 1 day then transfer them to that same container with a lid for another day and then I have cracker dry mushies. 

Here's a jar of my first flush.

-Peace and happy growing.
Think for yourself, question authority.

ImAFungi

String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

HomeShroomStudent