A Cops Advice on Dealing with Cops

Started by fmrc, November 16, 2010, 06:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmrc

A Cops Advice on Dealing with Cops.
Taken from a police officer: 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neill-franklin/a-cops-advice-on-dealing-_b_783387.html#slide_image
1 - Be calm and don't act nervous.
2 - Remain silent.  What you don't say can't hurt you.
3 - You have the right to refuse searches.
4 - Don't get tricked.  Remember, Police are allowed to lie to you.
5 - Determine if you are free to go.  Police need evidence to detain you.
6 - Don't expose yourself.  Doing dumb stuff in public makes you an easy target.
7 - Don't run.  They will catch you and make you regret it.
8 - Never touch a cop.  Aggressive actions will only give you aggressive response.
9 - Report misconduct.  Be a good witness.
10-You Do not have to let them in.  Police need a warrant to enter your home.
slp/fmrc

fmrc

I thought I would mention something that was not in the article........if the cops have probable cause, saying no will not help you.  slp/fmrc

ImAFungi

String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

HomeShroomStudent

Someone is living in the past, Law Enforcement no longer need Probable Cause nor do they need a Warrant to search , The Patriot Act did away with all that ! most of the other advise is sound. 

Vandal_xx

Ya, Always be calm and polite. Remember you can say no to anything. If they have the right to do something they will and chances are they might mess up and a lawyer can catch mistakes. Judges hate sloppy police work. My future grandfather is a judge and he doesn't mind throwing out cases where the cops are sloppy. He actually enjoys shutting down an arrogant cop. Politeness goes a long way!!
Feel good before dying!!!!!

ImAFungi

Thats good to know there's some justice out there :ph34r:
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

psilocybin warrior

Um thats all Bullshit, sorry guy's this isn't dream land. You have no rights, you never will. You may be able to get off certain charges in court, AFTER the fact, and several thousand dollars later. And FYI the huffington post is funded by Viacom and probably the biggest proponent in liberal bullshit brainwashed media.

Vandal_xx

Yeah PW I would love to argue with you but you are pretty much right. I just say "deny deny deny!" Make them prove things and hope they mak emistakes.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

moorhS

Hey I've gotten off from cops from a lot of things, just because I'm polite and make there job as easy as possible... But then there are always the cops with the little dicks that think they are better than you and above the law... all depends on the cop... my 2 cents

HomeShroomStudent

Most Cops and by most i'll go so far as to say 98% of them became Cops because they have a self esteem issues LDS "little ---- syndrome" The back up of there lil fag partners, there side amrs and badge makes there balls so much larger ! doesnt do much for there lil dicks but does so much for there self esteem . My guess is they were the ones being bullied and for the female ones they were the ones who either were on the receiving end of abuse or were witness to it.
Kinda scary when ya think about it , so many people "Cop's" with so many mental issues carrying guns. Being polite is a good way to treat folks no matter who there are, but just because they have a gun and badge doesn't mean they deserve my respect nor will they get it if they start treating me as a ignorant country bumpkin.  Always remember Cops are not above the law and are only held accountable for wrong doing if you have the brains to know how to stand up for yourself. I've found they really do not like the uneasy feeling of being cross examined on the witness stand.