Ultrasonic humidifiers

Started by iamsofaking, November 18, 2010, 11:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamsofaking

Ok, I built this terrarium with a ultrasonic humidifier. I stepped it down until you could just barely see vapor coming from the line into the terrarium. I am building a lot of condensation on the walls. Is that too much moisture? Is there a good way, besides the crappy inaccurate hygrometers that I have found, to tell if my RH is correct? I also have pearlite in the bottom. Is that overkill?

darksyde

Will be able to help when your pics are up.. I can say that if this is a tub and you're using an USH, then its gonna be overkill.. US's are used for greenhouse type set-ups with multiple racks and trays.. Perlite and the TropicAire are plenty for smaller tubs.

ImAFungi

Its hard to tell. Its def. possible to have too high rh. It can help trich get a hold on your cake or whatever you are using. I would suggest getting a digital hydrometer such as: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00101KWYW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00026053Y&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=12CBBZWAHKN4YY9K5KTW

works like a charm :mellow: GL
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

iamsofaking

Here is my set up. I started with the pearlite then found Erowids design for an ultrasonic set up (with some minor changes). I do plan on adding a larger terrarium(shelf type)and or more tubs soon but I have cakes ready now and am anxious to have a birthday. I have ordered a couple hygrometers on ebay but they could be weeks. Think I may remove the pearlite and put the humidifier on a timer. I am trying to be as automated as possible, I sometimes must leave for a day or two [/img]

d0nnf8

He seem to have gone a great job and I am sure that once he gets answers for his question the end product will be really great! The picture really looks impressive and he must have really saved a lot on the cost!! With the pictures up, I am sure they know whether some alterations have to be done with regard to the question and of getting a better hygrometer in order to check the RH !

ImAFungi

I had the same problem with to high Rh in my FC.
I ended up drilling a few more holes so that I had about
8 on the long sides and 5 on the short sides, both on
top and bottom. I even put a small fan in my grow room/closet.
I have it pointed away from the FC so it sorta sucks air out getting
me at that 85% Rh I want for my casing. You just gotta tweek a few things,
you'll get it right :ph34r:
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!