Dunk and Roll

Started by raiderred77077, November 21, 2010, 04:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raiderred77077

I am about to birth 6 cakes from my 1/2 pint jars.  I am wondering if most of you support the theory of dunking.  I am completely new to this and submerging these cakes in cool water for 24 hours had me a bit concerned.

fungiguy

the dunk and roll method is important. i use it every time i set-up cakes. all the different teks i read say to dunk and roll. good luck!!

raiderred77077

Good to know.  So you guys will dunk the cakes for up to 24 hrs?  I also have 6 cakes that have been in their 1/2 pint jars that are fully colonized.  I have not birthed them yet b/c I am waiting on my tropic air to arrive via amazon.  How long is too long to leave your cakes in the jars?

fungiguy

i'm not sure how long is too long. you should read-up on the teks on this site. it has been a while since i did cakes. moved on to casing grains.

raiderred77077

I think I am progressing to casing grains as well.  From what I have read and learned recently it seems the effort level to yield is much great for casing grains rather than doing the BRF cakes.

fungiguy

yup, you are correct. the cakes was my first try. i did well, so i moved on to grains. HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!!!

moorhS

fungiguy

darksyde

Why all the hostility?  Dont think he was trying to start an argument, just saying that P. Cubensis are every bit as edible as Morels.. At least thats how I took it..
Im sorry if something else in life is troubling you to the point of being angry, but this is a fun-loving forum where we help each other out and crack the occasional joke..
Nobody was trying to offend you cuz thats not what this site is about..  :mellow: