how long should i wait before seeing signs of white mycelium??

Started by Sarathwotm, November 11, 2010, 12:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarathwotm

I inoculated 19 jars with the PES Hawaiians about 8 days ago, I put them in a drawer which stays dark most of the time. I use a heating pad and I try too keep it between 75 and 84 degrees. So far I've seen little growth on the outside and it looks like the substrate is clumping together but not white yet. Some jars aren't showing signs yet, I used Verm, brf, and water tek. Do I just need too give it more time before I see more signs?

darksyde

It can take 2 weeks or more sometimes for Myc growth with the BRF method so dont freak out yet..
I would ditch that heating pad though.  Colonizing jars will be 3-5 degrees warmer inside than the surrounding air temps.  If you're pushing mid 80's, you're just asking for contam problems.  Throw em in a cooler and stick it in a closet if you dont want to, or cant financially build an incubation chamber.  Myc will colonize at room temps unless you live in an igloo  :mellow:

ImAFungi

Yea, the lower temps help keep those contams away from your jars. I usually keep mine around 70 to 75.
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

Sarathwotm

Okay thanks for the advise guys I appreciate it :). Ill post pix of them in about a week or two.

ImAFungi

String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

d0nnf8

There is so much that you have to know when you are into making such experiments and it great that we can come and check out here if we are doing everything the right way!! The last I did stuff like this was in college and I am sure everyone is into very seriously in here!! As advised, I am sure the white signs of mycelium in a couple of weeks which will make him quite happy!!