anti babylon...set...raedy..go!! (with pics)

Started by anti-babylon, December 02, 2010, 06:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anti-babylon

sorry the photo is too big.....any way that is my situation....only one cake pinning.....and the other??

did im doing right by moist all the cake directly with a water spray?

darksyde

Congrats!!  :ph34r:

Yes, a light misting is good 2-3 times a day until they start pinning, then let them be.  You dont want to soak them though.. Dont empty your spray bottle on em..

Just give those other cakes a few days and see what happens   :mellow:

anti-babylon

thanks man ....but just one cake one 4 ...WTF!??

and by the way why my shrooms seems so fuckd up? all bended?  -_-

any way i have notice that giving straight black at night (covering with a lid all the fruit chamber the mushroom seem to get bigger , now they look 3 time it .

the casing is gooing good also darkside , im hoping on that...!
i already patch it becouse one point was going too fast then other...and now i have to wait that seem all to the sema point right? and then put it in the fruit chamber

darksyde

Dont give up on the others just yet.. Ive had 2 different trays from the same syringe that pinned 5 days apart.
As for bent shrooms, they always do that with cakes.. Not to worry though, they still work no matter how ugly they are  :wacko:

Yes, patching the casing was right.. You just want the myc to be evenly visible throughout the casing layer..

This pic was before patching:

This was after:

This was 2 days later, and what you want it to look like:

anti-babylon

check this out

Wats wrong with that guy in the left?!?
it seems to be 2 in one....ore one with some ilness

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

darksyde

Just a mutation.. Its genetic, but its still ok to eat.. Just looks funky  :mellow:

dub504

How are you doing air exchange? More FAE may help a bit...

anti-babylon

what is fae?

anyway im doing manual by opening and make some air exchange...

this morning i opened the box and i see that the mush room are very very long i think too much......i will post a photo.
the stems are too long if compare to the cap! maybe is the equadorian strain?..

darksyde

FAE = Fresh Air Exchange
The shrooms being long and thin could be due to genetics also, but lack of FAE is known to cause poor growth as well.
Just make sure you're fanning 2-3 times a day

dub504

To me it looks too wet and not enough FAE. When the mushrooms grow they use oxygen and create carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is heavier than oxygen so it will settle on the bottom of the FC, where the mushrooms are growing. That's why the mushrooms are long and skinny. Make sure when you fan that you really stir up the air in the bottom of the FC. The standing water is not necessary and being too wet can cause aborts. Is that lava rock in your FC? Lava rock/perlite/hydroton should be moist and drained. That way it will evaporate properly and humidify the terrarium.

Also, that type of hydrometer will not be accurate enough to tell you what your humidity truly is. You should look for a hydrometer made for reptile terrariums. They make them analog or digital. I have a digital one made by Fluker's. The in home ones like you have there will crap out pretty quick.

anti-babylon

thanks... your right my igormeter sucks...
but for now i will use that....i notice that is accurate on the humidity but not on temperature (it only refresh himself like one time every 2 hour, otherwise i have to click refresh...)

anyway my situation now is this :
i have drained all the excess water (i had something like 3 /4 cm in the FC)
and im fanning 3/4 times a day.

now : i have to understand how much is important light for mushroom .
on shroomery they said that 2 hour is enough and much hour will kill them??!

i had notice that when i close the lid (so complete dark) they grow much more....also because at night o have the room light on so is other light more...

but i dont know...maybe you can tell me!

dub504

Quotethanks... your right my igormeter sucks...
but for now i will use that....i notice that is accurate on the humidity but not on temperature (it only refresh himself like one time every 2 hour, otherwise i have to click refresh...)
No, sorry...  -_-  A hydrometer like that won't work and you are not getting a correct reading. Trust me. I've been there done that.

Light is only important to trigger pinning and direction of the mushrooms to grow. In nature when the mycellium reaches the surface, light triggers pinning, then mushrooms grow towards the light. Think about it. These fruits grow outdoors fine with more than two hours of light a day. It's not going to kill them and it isn't necessary either. I've gotten cakes to pin and fruit just fine using one small L.E.D. bulb 15 min a day, but I've kept them on in the past for twelve hours with no problems. Studies say this particular type of mushroom responds better to light in the blue temperature frequency range but any light type will work. Some have used Christmas lights, with success. I like CFLs and LEDs because they don't create much heat.

anti-babylon

ahahah! christmas light! take a photo man ! you should win the photo contest!

moorhS

I would recommend if you are going to get a hydrometer to get a digital Flukers  you can get online for 15-20 $  In the past I spent shit tons of money looking for a good humidity gauge.... my 2 cents

anti-babylon

this is my situation....a lot better from when i haved pour out the excess of water..
only thing is that casing is taking long to pin its like from 4 days in the FC and still nothing

darksyde

4 days and nothing???  :huh:

Of all the grows Ive done, I think Ive had 3 or 4 casings that pinned in 4-5 days.. Ive had some take 15 days.. Just relax and give it some time bro!

dub504

anti-babylon

yes man! the cake look more healty by in these day it seeems always too much humidity....when caps open they are full of water inside and it seems like also some caps are becoming shitty for this...

any way something is starting to pin inside the casing!