anti babylon...set...raedy..go!! (with pics)

Started by anti-babylon, December 02, 2010, 06:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darksyde

You should have dunk&rolled when you birthed the cakes.. Or do you mean they are pinning inside the jars?

anti-babylon

they are pinning inside the jar ..but they have just started, are very small now

ImAFungi

pull the pin, dunk n roll, and fruit that sucka.
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

anti-babylon

darksyde

Ha ha.. Sucka is just American slang.  In this case it is referring to your cake..  :mellow:

If you have multiple pins, you can dunk without pulling them off.  Or you could just put the cakes in your FC and wait til after your 1st flush is done and then dunk&roll.. up to you

anti-babylon

ok..

so im wondering if i should brake the brf cake ( the two that i want to case ) or just let it normal...remember that one have stop colonized at half of the process

anti-babylon

guys i have  aproblem.....i have buy an igrometer for misuring humidity and I m not managin to have more than 80% of humidity inside my FC (see my first photo in the post) i also closed with some plastic seal the 2 holes that you can see in the photo...

80% is good or i have to have more umidity?

Also i have to sayd that i havent used perlite for ground (becouse is so hard to find here) i have used expanded clay and filled the bottom with 1 and a half CM of water....
dont know what to do more for rising humidity....

help! i need to BIRTH !

darksyde

80% is no good.. That looks like a glove box, not a FC.. Those holes are way too big!!
Check out this link for a new FC..

http://www.shroomery.org/9047/Poor-Mans-Pod

anti-babylon

i know man..that f....hole!!

i have closed them with some plastic foil and scoth and now (just testing before birthing) im around 88% and 25.8 of temperature...
it seems that  put it on the radiotor it increase humidity , but i have to watch out not to ecxede 26°...

anti-babylon

Quote from: darksyde on December 16, 2010, 11:25:54 AM
80% is no good.. That looks like a glove box, not a FC.. Those holes are way too big!!
Check out this link for a new FC..

http://www.shroomery.org/9047/Poor-Mans-Pod

i have see the post already but i dont have time, and space for that kind of stuff

anti-babylon

update :

iv gott 99% of himidity today im gona dunk and roll!

anti-babylon

i have dunk and roll and birth...evryting ok but the two pin head that was already there now it seems like if theyr stuck

i have 99% umidity and my temperature oscillate beetween 18 and 26 ° celsius
is that allright like conditions?

darksyde

anti-babylon

dont know man...it seems like at 25-26° micelium continue to grow, also my first pin head have aborted spontaeously...i think i will try to put one cake in the fridge for one night and see what happend with a strong cold shock.

by the way (the casing is going good) i will post some photo soon

anti-babylon

i forgot to ask...is 17 -18 ° celsius Too low for beggining pinnig on m cake?
thanks

darksyde

Quotedont know man...it seems like at 25-26° micelium continue to grow

?? :huh: ??

Quotei think i will try to put one cake in the fridge for one night and see what happend with a strong cold shock.

Just relax and wait before you do anything extreme.  If those 2 pins aborted then pull em off, and wait for the cake to flush again.  No need to put it in the fridge!!

Quotei forgot to ask...is 17 -18 ° celsius Too low for beggining pinnig on m cake?

Its not too low, but they will take longer to form, and will grow much slower at those temps.  Would be alot better if you could get em up to 21 - 23

anti-babylon

ok thanks for helping now im stable at 21° and 99% umidity ,
and im gonna take out the aborted pin (they have black caps)

but other two cake seem to dont have even on pin ... :( thats why i wanna try to fridge at least one..just for curiosity and experience. Or you think im gonna kill it?

darksyde

Patience!!

What good is it going to do to put a freshly dunked, moist cake into a fridge full of contams??
These are tropical mushrooms and dont gain anything by cold shocking..

All I can do is offer advice. Im not out to ruin your project, only help where I can with what I know.. Ultimately its your grow and you can do whatever you want, but you are making things harder than they need to be..

ImAFungi

Listen to darksyde.
Patience is the name of the game.
Just let them sit for awhile. :ph34r:

And yes by suckas I meant your cakes. :rolleyes:
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!