First timer

Started by Mbjhug, December 05, 2010, 07:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mbjhug

Hello everyone! First, this website is awesome.

Secondly, I am beginning to attempt the tek listed on this website here in a few minutes. I have everything all ready to go, I just need to start.

As a first time cultivator, and this being my very first attempt, I was wondering if there are any tips and tricks that any cultivating vets want to pass along?

I'm super excited!

darksyde

Mbjhug,

Hi and welcome to the forum.

My best advice to you is to take things slow.  Read, Read, Read!  Make sure you understand not only how you do things, but why they are done the way they are as well.. 
Learn how to use the search function both here and at the Shroomery.org.  Everything you need to know is covered, and there are alot of experienced friends here to help with the finer points when questions arise.

ImAFungi

WELCOME BUDDY :ph34r:

I 2nd what darksyde says.
I can't remember how many times I would
make mistakes due to rushing things when I first started out.
Completely read, take it slow, and I would always have the
outline of the tek your using close by so you can easily refer to
it during your operation. GL my friend!
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

Mbjhug

Thanks you guys!

I've got 4 jars ready to be inoculated, and 2 more for sterilization (after dinner). I've been paying extra special attention to cleanliness (cleaned dishes/utensils/etc) before use. I've constructed the incubator (filled the water as best I can, the glasses I used are awkward ><). I'll take pics and see what you guys think in a few days.

Vandal_xx

Remember to use patience!
Feel good before dying!!!!!

moorhS

AGREED, patience is the key in this game, never want to rush anything... and do your research, know all the steps b4 u do them... and be clean, you can never be to clean when your inoculating :)  Good luck and let us know how it goes

dimplco

Fish emulsion has worked best for me as a fertilizer follow directions on product.

modern bedroom furniture | modern beds