Straw Basket

Started by Azurascender, December 07, 2010, 11:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azurascender

I am intending on doing an indoor straw basket grow. Unfortunately I am short on a tote that will house such a gigantic basket so I'm forced to use polypropylene bags to keep in the moisture and manually open the bags to allow FAE. But my dilemma is stagnant air, I know straw is highly succeptable to contamination for that reason. Are there any ideas on how to keep decent FAE while being housed in the polypropylene bag without the expense of my straw basket falling victim to mold? Will cutting slits or holes in the bag while running a fan indirectly be sufficient?
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

darksyde

Im just trying to picture this set-up..   :huh:

You could rig a hose to a cool mist humidifier and have that pumping in up top, with an escape vent hole near the bottom on the other side..  Put it on a timer to circulate for a few minutes every hour or two maybe??

dub504

I would keep the fan very indirect and low...

Azurascender

It's kind of difficult when your fruiting chamber is a giant trash bag, but I think my best bet would be to cut small slits all around the bag and set a fan on low like dub said, mist her in the morning and night with clean water and see how she goes. The only reason I am short on supplies is because I just transitioned across the country and only have half of the stuff I had. I still need my shelving unit and my LC supplies shipped :(. O well, wish me luck. Post pics when I unpack the cam...
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

ImAFungi

Hope your move went well man.
Can't wait to see what you got cooking!
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!