Morrel spores

Started by HomeShroomStudent, December 10, 2010, 04:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomeShroomStudent

Well not to sure if this post is in the correct location, i didnt seem to have any visible options as to where to post it but what i would like to know is does anyone know where i might find Morrel spores ? they are going to be my 1st attempt at cultivation and so on. Thanks

Azurascender

Google.com is you best friend no matter what you are looking for.
And Morrels commonly grow all across the United States, learn and study LC (Liquid Culture) and you can start a grow from a wild specimen. Good luck.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

HomeShroomStudent

I believe i'm ready, but summers aways off and growing my own is my exact intent ! I normally pick them by the garbage bag full and have plenty all winter long but i've relocated couple hundred miles from my old picking site and havent found them to be as abundant round here. I have Googled them and as yet havent found them, figured being this is a forum i would get a quick useful response ,Still searching ! Anyone ???

darksyde

Im not saying its impossible, but indoor cultivation of Morels is going to be a real challenge.  Ive found these 2 suppliers for spores although I cant vouch for their reliability or viability since Ive never used either of them..

www.sporestore.com
www.sporebank.com

This link will give you an outline of the cultivation parameters..

http://www.thefarm.org/mushroom/morel.html

Good luck!

HomeShroomStudent

Thanks Darksyde ,like anything new ones not apt to get it right the 1st time but i do believe with the knowledge i've gained in my research my chances are very good i will have great success. Your help has been greatly appreciated !