Firsttimer Questions on spores

Started by boatman, December 12, 2010, 04:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boatman

I am doing my first attempt with a bag set up . The first spore syringe was totally clear , (others have black colonies in them) . Are there spores in the clear liquid or is it a bad syringe?

darksyde

My 1st purchase was from a company called SNMR and they were not visible either, but they were viable.
The only way to know is to give em a try. 

boatman

Thanks I will be patient . I have a second bag innoculated with a different syringe/variety . We will see . Any one out there doing mycobags? :mellow:

ImAFungi

Boatman, thats normal.
The syringes I've gotten from ralphsters have been
clear, for the most part and I've gotten great results from them.
Just make sure before you noc up your jars, that you give the
syringe a good shake.
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

substrate

My experience with mycobags was a bit disappointing.  They took three or four times as long to colonize as PF jars or popcorn, I got one flush only with pretty minimal results.  Probably pulled the biggest mushroom I've ever harvested from the mycobag, but it was one of only three decent mushrooms that came out of months of waiting.

To do over again, I'd colonize popcorn then add it to the sawdust substrate blend.  I think it would colonize more evenly and allow for a better harvest.  Just my 2 cents.

boatman

We'll see how it goes . any one else ever give bags a try either ?Thanks

darksyde

If FunguyB logs back in he could vouch for the bags..  Think he pulled 7 or 8 flushes off his last attempt, and he might have some tips for ya.

Results vary alot from MSI's.. You could do 2 bags from the same syringe and they could turn out totally different

HomeShroomStudent

So where you buying your bags from ? maybe a suppliers web site would be great. Thanks

moorhS

certain strains are completely clear in syringe..... 

HomeShroomStudent

I must say this is got to be hands down the most cooperative bunch of folks i have ever ran into on any forum. THANKS !

psilocybin warrior

Cubensie's spores aren't clear, they are microscopic. So a small amt of spore's in a syringe could appear to be clear.

PW

FunguyB

Ya man I bought a kit in sept of last year "big kit in a small box" but the guy when I bought told me a few things and winged it when doing it and I had awesome results the log I had just crapped out about 2 and half weeks ago. I had 8 or 9 flushes, so I ordered more mycobags and doing that and then have had help from darksyde. I had pulled mushies that weighted 105g itself and the fn cap was almost size of my fist. I had got a lot of big ones when I did it. Hit me I will help as much as I can.