Panaeolus cyanescens: Jamaican

Started by JuggaloKillerClown, November 08, 2006, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuggaloKillerClown

Hey whats goin on guys, im really new this is my first attempt at anything..... i am trying to grow Panaeolus (Copelandia) cyanescens : Jamaican strain that i got off of sporeworks.com.... i started the incubation stage 10 days ago and i have everything at 86deg. and they are in complete darkness and there still is no mycellium in my jars, i know for a fact that when i inoculated them everything was completly sterile as best as i could get it and i was wondering when i shoud begin to start seeing some mycellium grow... also should i have my bands on loosly or tight? and also do i need to give them like 4 hours of light per day or not cause some things i read say to and others dont say anything... thanks alot for you help, much appreciated
:wacko:

JuggaloKillerClown

Ok good news, got some growing now, saw it right after i posted that last message,  but im still wondering about my light and my jar top question, also i know your supposed to have a straw and/or dung mix for the casing, can i get away with a regular PF tek method casing this time and go with the dung/straw one next time??!?? cause im using the regular PF tek substrate and it seems to be going good so far.... sorry for so many questions

Thanx for the help

:wacko: :wacko: :ph34r: :wacko: :wacko:

anno

They don't need light at this stage.
They likely won't fruit off the PF tek substrate, but you can löet it colonize, then spawn pasteurized dung/straw mix with it.
As for the speed of colonization, remember that the optimum temperature is in the 80°F range.

On shroomery.org  there are quite a few good docs about Panaeolus cyanescens.

http://www.shroomery.org/34/Panaeolus-Cyanescens
and
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/panaeolus

JuggaloKillerClown

So basically what i do is when i make my casing i mix in some straw and dung mix with the cakes i allready have then it should be good to go? also should i drop the temp alittle cause its at 86deg. right now?

Thanx man!

anno

You spawn pasteurized straw/dung mix with colonized, crumbled cakes, cover it and let colonize at ~75°F. After the colonization is complete(5-10 days) apply a thin casing layer(1/4 to 1/2 inch) and then cover it again for 2-3 days, then uncover and put into the fruiting chamber at ~75°F and ~95% RH.

kevinmccrthy@yahoo.com

I keep my incubator at 87.  I have tried lower temps and have found that my jars colonize faster at the higher temp.  I am now incubating Pan suphanburi, Cubencies, Oysters and petri dishes. And as for your jar lids.  Get some filter disks for clean air flow, they're well worth it!

wizdumb

What medium are you using to grow your spawn.  IE. Rhy, Millit ect.