liquid culture

Started by fungiguy, December 19, 2010, 06:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungiguy

I started some lc about 11 days ago. It appears as though it worked. I used honey. How long can my jar survive in the fridge??

darksyde

6 months or longer as posted by some people at shroomery/mycotopia.. Just make sure its sealed good to keep out the bad guys  :angry:

Azurascender

How did you prep your jar lids? Did you do the whole tyvek top scenario or filter patches? Medi tape?
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

Azurascender

Actually I was curious of your tek alltogether haha...
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

darksyde

fungiguy

I just read that tek. I did not do it right. There is white clumps floating in my jar, but it is very cloudy. I am gonna follow this new tek. Trial and error!!!

substrate

When LC sits for a while myc begins to clump together, dont worry about that at all.  If your mix is just honey and water, it shouldn't be too cloudy.  If you have a hole in the top of your jar, your brew might be fermenting - making alcohol and killing myc.  That happened to me the first time I tried it (using honey and potato water).

Now I just pour boiling water til the jar overflows, add honey, let cool a bit.  Add spores or myc and put the lid on tight - no hole in it - if it can't breath it can't ferment.

Dr.Shroom

hello im new to the growing side of mycological work but i have made several practice spore syringes,
and can identify about 8 subs around the area i live in. Im interested to know what a
Liquid Culture Jar is and what its purpose is as some kind of test.
could someone explain how and why a liquid culture is done?

Vandal_xx

Liquid Culture (LC) is made in order to have a jar of mycelium floating in water so you can use it to start grow projects. It will aso cononize the substrate faster than a spore print.
Feel good before dying!!!!!