OOF ! What have I done!

Started by go300mph, January 27, 2011, 01:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

go300mph

Being a posterchild for ADD I have become confused in the process ofr colonization and believe I have made a terrible mistake! I have 6 BRF cakes in jars 85 % colonized, all was going great then I read something, somewhere, another forum, not sure, I am sorry I have strayed from you guys, it will never happen again. Help me save my babies. It is day 30 and 5 days ago I removed my BRF cakes (still in the jars) from the 80 degree , dark environment  and into a 70 degree, high humidity 12/12 lighted environment, I think this triggered something seems colonization sped up at first and has now stopped. Did I make a huge mistake. All seems ok, no signs of pinning yet, jars are NOT fully colonized.

HELP!

dub504

Fail, start over...  ^_^  You gotta wait till 100% colonization. You can do it!

go300mph

Darn! They seem to be fine,  I was thinking of trying to remove the un colonized verm andcrumble the good parts into a sheet cake and try to fruit. Thoughts? Am I jsut wasting time.

Vandal_xx

It might work. Lots of chances for contams though. Good luck man. Just the fact you have un contaminated jars means you know what to do next time. I'd scrap em and start again.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

moorhS

I would remove the uncolonized part crumble it and case.... good luck

ImAFungi

Yea I would try to case it. I mean you have nothing to lose. Just try and keep it away from the rest of your operation until you know whether its contamed or not. GL
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

go300mph

I understand pinning triggers are temperature change, 12/12 light, O2 exchange, and humidity? 
Anything eelase i can do? what about pH?

OH by the way several the mycilium has taken off again.

Mick

Vandal_xx

All I do is birth my cakes, dunk em for 12-20 hours in the fridge, roll em and put em in the fc with natural indirect light. I don't think it matters if it's 12 hours or 6. But I'm also a newbie. PATIENCE
Feel good before dying!!!!!

moorhS

ya with cakes 99+ RH all the time, fresh air, and light weather it is 12/12 or 6/18 might even be enough but I just turn mine off when I go to bed and turn on when I wake up.... sounds like your on right track though