Cased my cakes, been having problems lately, need feedback

Started by cricks, February 04, 2011, 02:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cricks

sup fellas, well first of all let me say some things. I was on here about 2 years ago asking questions, My previous grow ops have been great. I stopped growing shrooms for about 2 years now Im wanting to get "back in touch with everything there is to know about life" if you get my drift. Anyways Im having trouble with growing my shrooms. I made some BRF jars and made them into casings. My first casing this time didnt do so good, so I threw it out becuase it just wouldnt fruit! now I have some more casings but still they wont fruit! I have them in a FC, theyve been there for almost 2 weeks and I still dont see any signs of them pinning. Im  fanning about twice a day, I give em at least 12 hours of light. Im thinking its because of "overlay". Here goes some pics to help you guys help me. Let me know what I should do. Thanks!

btw if I messed up this grow I have 3 other casing to work on. All I need is advice.

moorhS

it looks like it is starting to get some overlay on top, I would take fork and lightly fluff the mycelium, as long as you have  RH up near 99% and you have light for 8+ hours a day and your fanning, make sure the temp is around 70 also..... that should trigger the mycelium to stop growing and for the hyp[holnodes (or whatever they are called) to start forming and will pin... GL sounds like your on right path just make sure you give it enough time to, I sure wouldn't just through them out, they look good..... GL

cricks

Update:

Ok, I think I might have made a small mistake. What I did was the following: I crumbled a couple of BRF cakes and then put a small amount a substrate over the crumbled cakes. The substrate got covered in myc. So then I put a small amout of vermiculite layer on top of the substrate. So now its cased with verm.

Was that why it hasnt pinned yet? I will add more pictures tonight. Right now I have 2 trays, one tray cased with verm and the other cased with potting soil.

moorhS

I don't get it... did you put subtrate on top of your brf or you mean a non nutrient barrier??? from looking at the pics it looks ok, but hopefully you didn't actually put food on top of the brf because the mold will set in if it's not fully colonized.... anyways more pics would be nice good luck.....

cricks

OK what I did was this. I crumbled som brf cakes and put substrate over it. It got fully colonized and never pinned, so I put  some verm over the fully colonized tray. That was like 5 days ago. Here are some pics. Sorry for the confusion. Any tips? thanks

dub504

cricks

Hey fellas quick update. So one of my casings has been pinning for about 10 days already. But the pins seem to be taking a long time to mature, is that normal? I never had this problem with my last grows, I remember the pins maturing in about 7 days. What do you guys think? Also how does the other casing look?

cricks

Well I didnt get much feedback from you guys but if anyone cares to know what I was doing wrong.... TEMPS! the temps were too low so what I did was I put my FC inside another Tub but with a water heater to warm my FC up. As soon as I upped my temps my cakes started to pin. So here are some pics of my babies. I thought I wouldnt harvested shrooms ever again. Im kinda happy with what I got from my first flush. These shrooms should last me months!  ^_^

This is my cakes pinning

And this is what I harvested

dub504

Vandal_xx

Nice work bro. I'm trying my first case with a crumbled 1pint BRF cake and only vermicutite as a case layer. Just trying it out. I think I'm having the same temp problem as you. Might bust out the fishtank heater!
Feel good before dying!!!!!