Potentcy. Dry or fresh?

Started by boatman, February 05, 2011, 04:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boatman

Besides the strain , what can affect the potentcy?

Also can you eat the "fresh" mushrooms ? Must they be dried to eat?

Thanks , Boatman

chains

Many things effect potency from heat to substrate quality and particular isolate. But if your growin cubes dont worry too much about potency. In my experience of the few strains ive grown they all have fairly similar potency.

Of course you can eat the shrooms fresh! There perhaps even slightly stronger than dried shrooms due to the extra psilocin content.
They wont last long fresh though so stick them in a sealed box in the fridge before your ready to munch them.
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

boatman

Thanks . I hve been picking and eating as they mature . So far so good.

Thank you. Boatman  ^_^

chains

Good stuff man keep it up! Its surely the most rewarding hobby out there

darksyde

Maybe I flow against the mainstream here, but I prefer my shrooms dried.. Fresh can be a wild card.  Depending on humidity (water content), growing parameters, and strain, a decent trip on fresh could be anywhere from 20-50 grams. With dried I always know what Im getting.. I start any new strain with 3 grams dry and adjust accordingly to intensity..

chains

Dried shrooms does make the dosing alot more accurate. Gets rid of most of the taste too which im not a big fan of!

Vandal_xx

ha ha wierd. I like the taste better fresh. And I have, more than once, eatten way too much when eating fresh. Went a little crazy. Good times.
Feel good before dying!!!!!