Hi Everyone! A question if I may? Youtube Video!

Started by hero1n, November 17, 2006, 06:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hero1n

Hello, I've been very interested in growing mushrooms for a long time, and have been researching which may be the best method, then I saw this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBgfhsw4qHk&mode=related&search=

Pretty amazing huh?  That is the kind of yeilds I am interested in, could someone please explain to me how someone may do this?  What supplies would I need?  It looks like a tub of sorts but I'm sure it might be better using a rubbermaid container or even some type of glass...tub.  It looks like he has a thermostat inside to give it humidity, what kind of thermostat should I be looking for?  I live in canada, anyone know of places to purchase spores online?  If not it's not a big deal as I know a store in town that sells them, but obviously they over charge.

One also very big question in my mind, is there a way to continously grow mushrooms?  I know shroomery has many answers but their site is very vast, any links directly to pages would be very helpful.

Either way, look at them grow!

anno

>could someone please explain to me how someone may do this?  What supplies would I need?
These mushrooms were grown on cased rye.

>It looks like he has a thermostat inside to give it humidity

No, the humidity comes from water evaporating from the casing due to the incandescent  light that was constantly on.

>I live in canada, anyone know of places to purchase spores online?
www.sporelab.com is a canadian vendor.

>One also very big question in my mind, is there a way to continously grow mushrooms?
No.

djkj6

not unless ur talkin wood lovers...then u could possibly have a patch on some chip piles that would flush each spring/fall???? other then that....NOPE!

stinkbuttdog

Quote from: anno on November 18, 2006, 01:54:23 AM
>One also very big question in my mind, is there a way to continously grow mushrooms?

Not yet there isn't. Although it isn't impossible... if you put your mind to it. Take a look at permaculture theory. Sustainable mushrooms would be tough, but not out of the question...  -_-