Substrates. Mycobag vs. Jars

Started by Nightster, April 21, 2011, 04:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightster

Hey all hope every one is well. Alright I'm new to the scene Ive got a mycodome on it's way and just received my culture (penis envy, golden teacher, and B+). I'm wondering what kind of substrate to go with. Ive seen videos on how to make your own but they all seem to have to be pressure cooked and that's an expensive piece of equipment. Is a pressure cooker needed for all self made substrates? I've also stumbled across the Mycobags. Are these legit? They eliminate the need to buy a pressure cooker (I think) and that sounds good but will thy work well with the Mycodome and how does the fruiting part work? From what I understand the fruiting takes place I'n the bag? Isn't that what the fruiting chamber of the Mycodome is for? Are these Mycobags able to go thru several flushes? Please help me out 

Vandal_xx

You need the PFtek. Brown rice flower cakes. No Pressure cooker needed, just a large pot to boil water in and the steam will steralize the substrate. Check out "lets grow mushrooms pftek 1-4" on youtube. Great videos. Do a little research and you will have some mushies in no time.
Feel good before dying!!!!!