New Guy! Help?

Started by BabyBlue, May 02, 2011, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyBlue

Hey forgive me if I break any social standards, if I do, just let me know and I'll be sure to edit.  -_-

I'm from the Midwest of USA... I live close to suburbs and am at a loss of where to start hunting. My first target is Panaeolus subbalteatus, which apparently resides in compost, rotted hay, haystacks.. etc... But could someone tell me when it's season is? I can't seem to find it. It is May, as I write this... and if it isn't in season, are there any species to mention that are?

I was also wondering if there are any other species I should be searching for around here in general. There isn't much mentioned about us here in the Midwest. :angry:

Thanks for checking out my post!

Vandal_xx

Im sure there are things out your way. I'm not a good guy to ask. Don't actually know why I posted. Sorry. Good luck
Feel good before dying!!!!!

PCCP

Could be Feb - Sep depending on your climate.

I'm UK so not familiar with Mid West climate.

http://www.shroomery.org/9608/Subbedhunter420s-Guide-to-Hunting-and-Identifying-Panaeolus-subbalteatus-P-cinctulus

It fruits near 100% humidity and temperature ranges from 80-86 degrees Fahrenheit. So let it rain for a day or two when its warm then go hunting.

Good Luck

:mellow: