Incubating done?????

Started by Nightster, May 16, 2011, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightster

How's it goin folks I have a question I'm about 3 1/2-4 weeks into my incubation period and the mycelium I'n my jars was growing nice n steadily. I used the brf as a substrate off te pf teck vol 1-4 however I don't have the same size jars as mr man does i have bigger ones and i filled em up with the substrate. I'm wondering if this is the reason why the mycelium isn't covering the whole cake? Should I be patient and let em finish no matter how long it takes? Or can I jus dunk n roll what has grown already?   

dub504

It must colonize the whole cake...

PCCP

yeah ...the whole cake man.

A fully colonized cake is a strong one resistant to bacterial infection once you birth it to your fruiting chamber.

If you used bigger jars they can some times dry out and not colonize. Keep an eye on your temps so you don't over heat and therefore dry out your cakes.

The other thing about bigger jars for cakes is that the longer colonization can mean a denser build up of CO2 at the bottom of your jar, which can inhibit myc growth.
As growth slows down you can try inverting the jars to dissipate the CO2 allowing the myc to colonize the last bit at the bottom.

Its not a race done proper is better than faster.

:mellow:

Nightster

Ok then I'll wait it out. About 3/4 of the jar is myc'd out and it's at abou room temp about 77deg. Ima try to lay it down on it's side to finish up should I lay it on the side that dosnt have the myc or the side that does? The jars are about a pint I'n size so does this mean I should expect more pins or does it matter on how big the cake is?? I started 5 more of the same size jars but I only filled them about half way with the brf sub this time. today is the 8th day and they are lookin pretty positive. One of the jars that I inoculated got a heavy hit of the actual dark spore that was floating around the seringe is that a prob? There's myc all around it too I kno discoloration is bad but this seems to look ok to me? 

psilocybin warrior

Laying it on it's side won't do anything worth while. Cake size is irrelevant when it comes to pinning. It mainly depends on the strain and the conditions.

Q:One of the jars that I inoculated got a heavy hit of the actual dark spore that was floating around the seringe is that a prob?

A: No, but shake your syringes better next time for better distribution :D