Early BRF cakes. What should I do?

Started by PCCP, May 24, 2011, 01:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCCP

I've made a new batch of BRF cakes but realised I won't be ready to inoc for another 6-9 days.

Do I refrigerate now then sterilise?

or

Sterilise now then refrigerate and bring to room temp before inoc?

Thanks

:huh:

dub504

I would sterilize now. That way anything that landed or was in the mix will be killed and not start growing while you are waiting.

PCCP

Thanks for your reply dub,

I've refrigerated them thinking if any contams did crop up, the sterilisation would kill it before the inoc.
In retrospect the sterilise now method would knock out potential baddies right at the start.

I may have too go with what I've done and see what pans out.

I'm inoculating with LC so as soon as its ready I'm there. The way its progressing there may be more than enough to use before 6 days.

Large capacity needles would be a def bonus though. I want to inoc jars with 4-5cc each (1-1.25cc each site)  so will have to return for a refill 3 times with my 10ml needle, to my LC user jar, potentially increasing the chance of contams in both LC jar and brf cakes.

-_-

PCCP

I inoculated with LC a week ago. The LC was thick and good but I still haven't spotted any growth yet.

Temps have been kept at 23-27C so I would of thought with liquid culture it should of shown signs in a couple of days.

:angry:

psilocybin warrior

Are you sure that's mycelium in your culture and not bacteria?

PCCP

I did 3 jars originally and I felt 2 were suspect. I went with that jar as the mother and got good growth. This was the spore inoc jar rather than the bfr myc jars.

I was absolutely positive it was mycelium and not contam after many hours of picture research.

I then made two more 'user jars' from the mother and inocced half my jars from the best one of these.

The other half was from the original mother jar as it was in the syringe already.

I've had zero growth out of all jars and no contams seen either. It's no been 15 days, something has clearly gone wrong.  :huh:

Any ideas?

-_-

dub504

Sorry to say it but... Start over, too many variables.

PCCP

dub,

Is there any way I can test my LC before preping a bigger batch of brf cakes?

:huh:

dub504

Test it out on one of your jars to make sure it is good before knocking up more. ;)