Fungifun - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed

Author Topic: HELP! No colonization-may need to cancel 4th of July party (no fireworks)  (Read 2902 times)

steve.cue

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • Email

What did I do wrong? This is was going to my third grow, but the first time making my own jars. I used brf/verm. in half pint jars. I inoculated 24 jars using 3-12 cc. syringes of b+ strain (these I purchased from sporebank, Which I used on the previous two grows with no problems). The brf from organic food store, verm. I got from hydroponic shop (which the advertised about organic grows). Neither of which should not of had any fungicide in them. I steam sterilized them for 90 min.,contams were to a minimum (only two molds out of 24 jars after two weeks). The water were freshly opened bottles  of spring water.And I followed the directions from Rodger Rabbit video. The jars were stored in a black storage container with air pump providing filter air foil left off. the room temp. was kept at 77 degrees for 9 days when i saw no signs of germination I raised the temp. to 82 degrees. Now after 2 weeks I only one white spot which may or may not be cubensis. I averaged 1.5 cc.'s per jar which should be plenty  and in some cases I can still see the wet spot on the side of the jar. Other bad spores I don't know what went wrong somebody please help soon before I have to throw the whole project out. 

   Also; I have one syringe left, So I am thinking about starting an LC if anybody has any input I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks steve.cue
Logged

dub504

  • Guest

I would wait longer, sometimes spores can be slow to germinate. Otherwise try ralphsters.
Logged

steve.cue

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • Email

Thanks for the input. Patience is not my virtue. I just took a look at the one with the white spot and it does looks like what I want to see. In about 12 hours it has doubled in size to about the size of a dime. This jar is one of 8 that I did not use masking tape so I was wondering if the part of the problem could be air exchange. So far I have only lost 2 out 24 to contaminates so I am glad I did so many so I have some to spare.
I would still like some input on LC's every thing I have seen so far seems to be possibly outdated, same for microwave sterilization.
Logged

PCCP

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile

Check this thread out Steve

http://www.fungifun.org/forum/index.php/topic,2927.0.html

Its got a few great links and if you wana see pics without an account go via google images.

My first LC went great but I would say do a few jars at the beginning so you don't have all your eggs in 1 basket.

I also homebrew so the dextros/malt beer enhanser was my medium of choice. I used my hydrometer for an accurate 4% sugar solution (SG 1.015)

You'll see growth in 2-7 days and be ready to inoc jars in 6-10.

Good Luck

 :mellow:
Logged