Birthing Cakes Plus

Started by MiSTRFiNGA, December 27, 2006, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiSTRFiNGA

Ok, I HAVE to have done somthing wrong. I injected these on 9/24/06, and they still have NOT completely "caked". One of the strains ,Z-strain, is completely covered but no pin-heads have appeared. It also looks like it has "doubled over" meaning the whole substrate is covered, and now a second coating of white layer is starting to cover the entire surface(several pics below of this). I used pint size jars since I could not locate the proper smaller ones. I doubled all the ingredients to make-up for this diffrence. I think I have been patient enough, so I may just try to birth these to see what happens. Would you reccommend me trying to solo birth them PF-Tek style, or should I do each one in a casing? I obviously dont mind the extra work since I have waited this long, I just wondered which method would be the most beneficial to assist in these trying to fruit. I know they say the casing is more yield, but given my status wondered what you "vets" think. Also if casing, can I jsut place the cased containers in an aquarium and mist it, or do I have to do the "plexi glass angled over them like the solo cake PF-Tek style? Thanks in advanced!

anno

They kinda look like there is some bacterial contamination. Do they have an unpleasant smell?