My Little Army

Started by TommyTutone, January 08, 2007, 07:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anno

Quote from: TommyTutone on February 15, 2007, 05:12:26 PM
Can some Brown rice flower be added to the casing material for more nutrients?

Only if you want to have a green casing.

So, no.

TommyTutone

It took a while for the pins of the third flush to appear. That's why it has taken so long to post new pics. This is as of today, three minutes ago.

LewisCarroll, I apologise for my post, that is why I deleted it. I appreciate your correction.

After not getting any pins for a third flush for what seemed like a long time, I added water to the case. I also sprayed the tops of the case with water until the top coat was wet. I am not using a cool mist humidifier that allows water to come down on the cases, which is why most of my cases dried out. After a little water, most of them sprung back to life.

A note for those that live in the states about spraying cakes:

Let the water that you are going to use on  your cake stay out uncovered for at least a day. It gives the chlorine that's added to the water time to remove itself. After a day you will notice bubbles along the side of the container, that is the chlorine and other junk removing itself from the water. After the bubbles have formed, stir the water, and remove those bubbles. I sprayed a case without doing that as an experiment to see if it mattered. Within 2 days the entire top layer was green. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't.

For those of you outside the states:

I have no idea about your water quality and treatment standards, but maybe anno could lend some advise on that.