spore syringe question?

Started by kane, September 10, 2011, 08:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kane

If I wanted 2 just test my sterilization procedure 1st by only inoculating 1 or 2 jars then saving the remaining cc's of fluid in the syringe til I knew my sterilization was appropriate enuff would it be ok or wud I be risking killing the remaining spores left in the spore syringe by not jus using all of them up at once by doing more jars right then. I'm using a 10 cc syringe on pf tek brf cakes & vermiculite. Thanks   

djreyes

yea you can and the spores will still be good to use if kept in a damp place. but just use it all up because you wont know if you did it correctly till your jars start to show the white fungi and that can be up to 2 months. anyother color will let you know that your sterilization needs work.

my first time was a complete success with 5 out of 6 jars.

i dusted and entire room, i swept my room twice and had no dirty clothes and sanitize wipe the desk i was working on, and make sure there is no air flow in your room and dont breath directly on the jars during inoculation. i had a roll of new paper towels and sanitize wipes. so after the jars have sat over night from steaming; inoculate two jars, then burn the syringe, then two more. and every time you touch something wipe your hands and dab them dry. good luck brah

kane

Ok & thank u 4 the info friend. I'm gonna do em up either 2day or 2moro & I'm gonna jus use the whole syringe :) I think my only concern right now wud be the temps in my house are only 75 degrees & I don't hav a aquarium heater yet but its my understanding lower temps jus slow down myc growth & I'm thinking I can get the temps higher with a space heater in the room. If it don't work I hav a syringe of GT's that I ordered also so can try again. I'm using B+ for the 1st try. I don't hav organic BRF but hav read on here that I shud be ok. Hoping for good results. Will let ya know how it goes. Again thanks for ur input, I completely appreciate it :)

Koala

Regarding your plan to use the space heater:
I've found that using a space heater is not cost effective unless you plan to use the entire room solely for inoculation and cultivation. Might I suggest buying a simple heating pad with a control switch and keeping your jars in an insulated container. The money you spend on the pad and the switch will be more than made up for in the money you save on your electricity bill. Space heaters are pretty expensive to run and not worth it on small grows.