This looks like a great way to try, tho its starting from inoculation everytime

Started by Davie K, January 02, 2012, 07:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davie K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msUoZPVk-yY&feature=player_detailpage

found this tek to be very interesting, what do you think about using manure instead of popcorn? and it doesnt say but whats the time frame approxamatly goin 2 take.  I suppose 12-14 days from inoculatting, then removing the foil adds another 7-12 days 2 pin, so about a month an a week till first harvest?  any oppinions?  Hell do 2 tins a week and you can be eating homegrowns for breakfest lunch and dinner

treasurecoast

The tek doesn't seem too bad, but if you open it before it is fully colonized, I could see contamination problems. Also, mycellium does like to breathe a little so some sort of filtered air hole would help it colonize faster and you would want to seal the holes that were poked with the syringe.
Quart jars or mycobags seem like the better option when it comes to popcorn. Once popcorn is 30% colonized you can shake the jar and it will finish off really quick. Then you can take that and spawn it at a rate of 1:4 to pasteurized horse poo or donkey poo (they work best) and fill up the bottom of a plastic tote tub at least 3 inches deep and grow some really big ones.

I wouldn't inoculate manure directly. Sterilized manure is more prone to contamination than pasteurized. Also, make sure the outside of the popcorn is dry before you sterilize it in the pressure cooker. Some people use a hairdryer for this. It will save you headaches in the future.
Happy Growing!

Davie K

well dont piss on my corn flakes just yet, i went ahead an tried the poo along with a few jars of popcorn from some homemaid prints i made a few years ago, hopefully the prints we're styrle tho i have my doubts. Just couldnt wait for my ralphsters order 2 come in, in which i feel ill continue this method if boutiful.  i think there are its advantages along wiht its disadvantages, advantage being, never opening it ontill ready 2 fruit. thats less spawn transphers and such chance for contamination.  Disadvantages being the speed of mycylium by shaking the and or the (grain to grain) build up for endless harvests. tho if i continue to take the best prints and repeate.  Idk  we'll find out