No growth in my jars!!!!

Started by Ir8mofo!!!, February 12, 2012, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ir8mofo!!!

Another question: I started a new batch right after I threw away the first batch that contained the bugs. I have 12 jars. 4 from each syringe.  The 4 jars containing a hawiian strain are exploding right now and the other 8 are doing absolutely nothing. I did them all the exact same way, yet the other jars that came from 2 totally different syringes have absolutely zero growth. It has been nearly 3 weeks. Was there something that could have caused this in the beginning steps, or is it a temperature thing or what? They have all been in the same location this entire time. Is there a way to get them to grow or am I going to have to chunk them and start over? I'm currently trying the heating pad method, keeping it at a low temp of course, so we will see if that works, but does anyone have anymore suggestions or tips?

Thanks guy and gals.

steve.cue

If 4 are growing I would assume you are doing it right. Time to toss the other jars and find a new vender for spores, they must have been bad. Had they been stored long or ever been exposed to temps higher than 104F.

Ir8mofo!!!

Nope. The only thing I can think of is that there could have been a chance that I small bit of water got into the jars when I was boiling them before inoculation. Is a little water a possible cause?

steve.cue

Boiling them? If you didn't PC then it could bacteria competing. You will be lucky if the 4 good jars make it to birth with out contaminating.
A PC is a must with this hobby.

ollandia

Hi,

Yeah buy a Pc, its worth it it will make u smile if all ur yars start fruiting. It's not the temperature but the presure that does the trick...
Buy it...  PEACE