Looking great so far... First time growing! Need some advice!

Started by cubco, February 04, 2012, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubco

I inoculated my 6 jars just over a week ago with Golden Teacher, and so far all of them are growing a good amount of mycelium. I am using the aquarium heater with the two totes kept ~81 F and it seems to be working great. Using the usual PF - Tek substrate that I sterilized in my vegetable steamer for 90 mins.

Just took this pic... Hope the flash didn't hurt it! All of my jars look this good or better

Also after my jars are completely colonized I know that I should take them out of the incubator and set them in room temp and get a bit of light for about a week to initialize pinning... I am wanting to do the dunk method but I was wondering if I remove all the pins before I do the first dunk before I start to fruit.

hein

Hey bro.

That is looking good. I just wish I could drop some useful info on you but I also just started with mushrooms about a week ago. Before that I knew nothing.

My jars is almost like yours. Mine just started showing signs of life. When I am birthing mine I am just gonna roll it in some dry verm and mist them. And then its off to the FC. My friend grows a lot so I get most of my answers from him. Will try and post some info for you about your question. I know that some okes dunk their cakes after the 1st flush. Not sure about dunking before. Really hope someone shines more light on that cause I'm also learning as I go along.

Blessings

Hein

cubco

I need some advice peeps... Please give me some wisdom if you are able to.

hein

Hey bro.

Your post has been read 90 times!!!! I don't know what the story is but when I joined I thought that it would an active and fun forum ---- guess not. I moved over to mycotopia.com.  MUCH better forum. Very active and REAK helpfull. Move over there bro, its better

cubco

Thanks man... I know, right! So many people read the shit but don't have time to actually post some knowledge. Besides the one guy who is also just getting started haha. Starting a profile there NOW!

hein

I saw it right after posting. Sorry about that man.

Mycotopia just looks more inviting as well.

If any admin is reading this, get your shit together or just de-activate the forum.