newbie questions

Started by fungi-monkey, June 04, 2012, 09:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungi-monkey

Hi im just starting off, i just got a few questions just so i can get everything down pat. I would love for my first grow to be a successful one :)

1.   If you don't own a humidifier how many times every 24hours must you mist with a spray bottle a day to keep %95 - %100 humidity during fruiting.

2.   If I use half a spore print to 1 syringe and divide it into 6 jars, is that too much or too little amount of spores.

3.   One more thing how much airflow do you need in the terrainium. I am very confused to this because some people have fans and pumps and some people have nothing and just air it out daily ( i am going to be following these steps http://www.fungifun.org/English/Casing).

Feel free to add any addition tips i am open to anything ( it being my first time)
help will be extremely appreciated, thanks
:mellow:

funghetto

Hi man

1. U dnt need a humidifier unless u live in the desert, what u do need - I find it very useful - is an hygrometer & thermometer, that way you will know exactly (within 24hrs) how many times a day u need to mist ur fruiting chamber to get to 95-99%; however the humidity in ur fruiting chamber depends on what ur using to create that humidity, is it perlite? just water?

2. Half a spore print for 1 syringe sounds a lot to be honest, but maybe u have a small print; (remember that spore cannot be seen with the naked eye, that means that all that dark "powder" u see on the print is millions of spores.....). In any case as it is ur first time u might as well do half a spore print.

3. Frequent Air Exchange (FAE) is very important, according to what u use as a fruiting chamber air exchange can be achieved in a number of ways; I personally use a plastic container and have drilled several holes all over and that takes care of FAE, other people might have a lot of time on their hands or loads of tools available and start playing with fans, pumps and all that jazz - unless u have a commercial set up, is just a waste of time and money- again, unless u live in the desert.

Hope this answers ur questions, if not get in touch.

Happy Tripping!!!!! 

fungi-monkey

thanks dude,
helped me out heaps, and ill be using perlite for the humidity :)

Lindseyadams

Quote from: fungi-monkey on June 05, 2012, 03:14:18 AM
thanks dude,
helped me out heaps, and ill be using perlite for the humidity :)

Good tips!! Thanks as welll
Lindsey

erop3

i Would like to see more information when i Read this messages. It is very useful for my business.
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

---------------------------

Sac Longchamp

wendy321

this is just too cool for words! :)
great job!

Monicalufu

MoGrow

One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp