Pf Tek HELP!!!

Started by booyeah, March 17, 2007, 03:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

booyeah

Hey people

Just got a quick newbie question I used this mixture ½ cup vermiculite ¼ cup brown rice flour and 60 ml of distilled water mixed together followed the instructions about pressure cooking and allowed the jars to cool for 12 hours. The temperatures are between 22 and 28 and no signs of growth look the same way as it did from day one. Jars are 8 days old let me know if I did something wrong.

psilocybin warrior

Well it depends if you are using a half pint jar or a full pint for a half pint its 2/3 cups of vermiculite 1/4 cups of organic brown rice flower and 1/4 cups of water if your using a full pint jar just double it.  I diddnt use a pressure cooker i used a pot of boiling water that worked fine for me.  Allow the jars to get back to room temp befor inoculation.  Did you pack the jars too tight? where are you keeping them while colonization?

HipsterDoofus

8 days is not that long.

Your mixture is okay except not enough patience.   ^_^

Otherwise you're looking good so far. :mellow:

psilocybin warrior

I dunno 8 days is kind of a long time to see no growth i have seen growth after 3 days pretty much always.  But yeah it might just be taking urs a little longer so just wait.

HipsterDoofus

Indeed, that's true, 8 days is a long time if you have ideal conditions. 3 days is right on.

Booyeah says his temps are 72 -82 degrees fahrenheit. If he's closer to 72 than 82 most of the time then 10 - 14 days to see growth is entirely to be expected. 8 days is nothing. SWIM always incubates at room temperature and she says it's normal to see growth on about the 10th day.

Nothin' wrong with growing at room temperature. It just takes longer. And so what if it does. Sure saves a lot of trouble fussing with tubs and heaters and everything.

Baphom3t

"Nothin' wrong with growing at room temperature. It just takes longer. And so what if it does. Sure saves a lot of trouble fussing with tubs and heaters and everything."

And it also cuts down on contams if sterile procedures were followed. -_- -_-
you run a higher risk of contams colonizing at higher temps I.M.E, contams thrive in warm conditions.
I don't do PF-Tek,but i colonize at room temps. and I've had jars take as long as 21-28 days to show colonization,and some as soon as 5 days.
cheers all :)

Terantula

Sounds like your doing fine...  A little bit on the cooler side of incubation, so its bound to take a little longer.  Optimum incubation temps for cubensis are 84-86F/29-30C, any temp lower than that will add 2 days per degree until you hit about 68F. Then it will take weeks.

Slow colinization is not good. 86F is a good temp for mushroom mycelium and it should run a 250ml jar in less than 10 days completly. Longer than that, and resources are used up in colinization and not in fruiting and your crops will suffer in mass.

Terantula
CEO www.mushroomspider.com