Long time reader first time grower. (contam Q)

Started by MoGrow, November 10, 2012, 12:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoGrow

Started my first grow 14 days ago and wanted to post pics of 2 of my 10 jars. the growths in pics 2 and 4 have me worried. is this stunted myc growth or is it a contam.

Good Growth

Questionable

Good Growth

Questionable

Any input would be appreciated. just curious if i should write these off?
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

Cacophonyhead

Looking Good!  ^_^
There are 2 types of myc growth - Rhizomorphic, and Tomentose.
The web like myc in pics 1,3, and 4 are rhizo myc. Rhizo myc colonizes faster and is associated with fruit growth... This is the best stuff.
The fluffy myc in pic 2 is Toment myc. This is ok too... I've had jars with mostly this stuff and I still had success... It wasn't a great yield, but it was something and I was still very happy with the outcome.
So things are looking good for you... Don't change how you are incubating just yet, give it time. This hobby requires patience, and believe me, its worth it. ^_^

So what strain is this? :huh:
What are your plans? I am assuming from your pics you are doing BRF cakes in a SG terrarium or something like that? :huh:
I first started this way, and I met someone here that opened my eyes to a much easier way with better production.
PM me if you have some questions.  -_-
Good luck!!! :mellow:

MoGrow

Thanks for the info.
These are B+ i ordered form a sponsor.
I read everything i can get my eyes on. Here .. as well as other cult forums.
Ive bought and watched "Lets Grow Mushrooms"  5x. (watched not bought  -_- )
Yep there PF Tek and yes ill be using a SGFC.  any advice you care to give  id be happy to take in P.M.s

Again thanks for the infos and till next time may your fruits be plentiful.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp