Oh,the Chitwan (Updated 5-8-07 w/pic)

Started by Baphom3t, April 21, 2007, 07:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baphom3t

They may be smaller than the norm,but I had my first try at these wonderful pieces of art,and all I can say is WOW!!!
not only are they pictures of beauty upon growing,but the effects are the best I think I may have ever had.
Tonite my wife and I are going camping and I plan on taking 2-2.5 grams, my wife is going to do .5-1.5 grams(ya she's a bit of a light weight) of this truly wonderful mushroom.
They seem to just keep fruiting, unlike others I have grown before that take a few days between flushes.
The syringe I accuired is around 4-6 years old.
They first started out as really small fruits and within 1 week I did a "in tray" rehydration and they have almost tripled in size.
Here is some that should be ready in a couple days.

And here is the very first fruits that came up that were the small ones,minus 1.5 grams I ate a few nights ago.that bag still weighs around 5 grams.

Anno, I would love all the info you can hash up or share on this really awesome strain if you would please.I read the section at shroomery you made with the help of Baestal (hope I spelled his name right).
I love how the body load is minimal and how its more visual than any other I have tried. and how it's not a mental mind fuck as some can be,not that I don't mind a mental fuck once in awhile  -_-
It was one of the most enjoyable journeys I have had.
I have come to think this is my favorite strain.  -_- -_-
Cheers all,
Baph

anno

>Anno, I would love all the info you can hash up or share on this really awesome strain

I only have the info  already posted here:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1412632

Baphom3t

here is the starts of a 3rd flush on some Chitwans.

Is there a reason these are smaller than others I have seen?

substrate is hydrated enough.Even the first 2 flushes were of same size
caps at their largest has only been 2 inches wide
stems at the most 2-3 inches.
Is this normal for this strain?
I really don't care as they have become my favorite strain at the moment.
But I just wanted to share this with the community.
Baph

CerpinTaxt

very cool job
  :mellow:
i have never seen chitwans grown before
i will attempt to grow them in my next batch of spores i order
I personally really love the Thai strain Lipa Yai
they have an amazing high in my opinion.
good mental
nice psychedelic visuals
and a smooth body high

but who knows i have never tried chitwans
any strains you suggest i should order in my next batch besides the chitwans
i have tried
Tasmanian
Lipa Yai
Eq
Pr
mazatapec
Amazonian
and PF classic

any others i should try?

Myc

How do you achieve such decent sized fruits?  I'm wondering if you have a better substrate formula, better hydration tek, or if it's just the strain.  I've cultivated B+ and Cambodian in the same manner as your photos and the yields were comparable in dry weight but there must have been close to 100 tiny fruit bodies.  That's a lot of picking and cleaning!  My results were consistent with both strains so I think it is something I am doing different.

Baphom3t

CerpinTaxt said
"any others i should try?"

Try Cambodian which can be found >>> http://www.ralphstersspores.com/index_files/Page651.html
they are a pretty heady strain IMO.

Myc said
"How do you achieve such decent sized fruits?"

Thats a good question,It could be Vendor related,but I use a martha setup with a UltraSonic going 24/7 (sometimes I have to adjust the output on it) and a CoolMist running 15 on 15 off.
My RH is constant at 94-99%
My Temps are constant at 68-76 degrees.
I have played around a little with my casings,I've done a 60/40 verm/coir,and various other ratios.
I've used straight coir and straight verm
I like to use straight coir even though some don't have good results with it. << Thats probly why my pinset is shitty.And some also say it overlays easily,which I have not had a problem with.
When I did a 60/40 I had a lot of little pins pop up but alot of them stayed small and/or aborted for some reason.That was with a PR strain.
I put straight coir on Cambos and had really nice size fruits
The Chitwan tray shown was with straight coir as well.
It's possible it's from the syringes but I'm not sure.

"I'm wondering if you have a better substrate formula, better hydration tek"

I use Wheat Berries and this tek shown in this thread >> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6647334#Post6647334
I mainly have followed the post by geko.

I use a toothbrush to clean them when they are dry  ^_^ ^_^

IMO any results are good results.

axis

Hi all,

is there really very much difference in the highs from one strain to another? I mean if one person grew different strains using the same technique as best possible and processed them the same way, then, tested one against another at the same dose is there really much difference.

For instance: PF Classic, Chitwan, Taiwain, etc.

Detail, friends,

axis

Baphom3t

"is there really very much difference in the highs from one strain to another?"

Thats a debatable question.
In my experience,there is subtle differences in the sub-strains of cubes.
I've had 3 strains at one time growing and tried all 3 wet,and could tell a difference between them.

axis

Ok, Cool.

I just want them good and right, like grow nice, and potent also. I that possible? jars are dooing fine. still need to build the FC, my own ideas compared to all this info's from ya'all and the TEK's etc.

Weather and temps here aren't stable yet(cools down too much in the eve's) so I can't depend on it. Will need artificial source via: heat pad or the incubation method, which sounds the best so far, to me.

How bout ya'all?

axis

Baphom3t

potency is genetic,so if you followed the tek right they will turn out just fine.

What do the temps in your neck of the woods get?

If this is a indoor grow you shouldnt have to worry about temps all that much.
My FC has been anywhere from 66-80 degrees.
They seem to like the nice little temp drop when it comes to the evening hours,roughly a 5-10 degree temp change

Just as a side note:
I had a tray of Chitwan catch the green and I transferred it outside in a big ass bowl,and covered it with some store bought manure and hay.
It has been in my backyard for 2 weeks now and have recived a couple recovery flushes from it,and the temps here at nite have dropped into the 50's.
Whats even more remarkable is that when I first put it outside,there was a few nites it dropped into the high 30's at nite.
Just goes to show that they are pretty resillient :)

axis

Temps are similar to what you are geting, it sounds like. It is warming up nicely last couple of days now so I think we are on the way to some good warm temps.

Uhh, you say you had a greeinsh batch and you still got a couple of flushes in the out of doors? And what,you ate them and lived? or just letting me know how hearty the little critters are?

Oh, and , those Chitwans look pretty cool, tasty too, how old are they in that third flush? good job.

how many equal 1.5 gm? how many fresh ones would it take for a good time compared to a 1/8 oz. evening.

Baphom3t

"Uhh, you say you had a greeinsh batch and you still got a couple of flushes in the out of doors? And what,you ate them and lived? or just letting me know how hearty the little critters are?"

I telling you both actually.
You can eat mushies from a contaminated tray.You don't want to eat ones that are rotted.
Those will give you food poising.

"Oh, and , those Chitwans look pretty cool, tasty too, how old are they in that third flush?"

They were a ripe age of 4 weeks at the time of the pic.

"how many equal 1.5 gm?"

Depends on the size of the fruit,on average its about 5-9 of these little guys.
As far as fresh it's about the same maybe a bit more.
This strain has not let me down as far as an enjoyable evening.
Cheers,
Baph