CC to speed ratio?

Started by PenisEnvy525, November 29, 2012, 02:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenisEnvy525

Hi, I am new to growing. I have a couple questions before I innoculate my easy grow jars tonight. I have 30ccs coming of three different strains (10 each). 1st off, if I innoculate three cakes, each with separate strains, that are 1/2 pint containers, how much is about perfect for the fastest colonization? How much is too much and doesn't help speed things up? I was thinking 2ccs in each cake is right, but would 3 be quicker? My brother and I want to try to be able to have some fun on Christmas, but I am thinking that might not be possible. What do you think? Also, am I able to harvest before the skirt breaks if, come Christmas, there are some pins/stems with little heads? If I break them off early will it effect future flushes?

Thank you for any helpful advice! Lots of questions...
-Most sports take one ball. Motocross takes two.

-  \m/ PURE FUCKING METAL! \m/

darksyde

Hi and welcome

Coulda saved you some cash before you bought your "easy grow" jars by advising against them.. A lot of companies sell overpriced, ready-made kits & jars with promises of unrealistic results..

What jars did you order and where from?  With any luck they will work and this attempt can be successful, but I have some suggestions for your future grows when you're ready..

Dont like to shatter hopes & dreams, but Christmas is probably going to be out of the question unless you know someone that can hook you up.. From spore to shroom is usually gonna be in the 5-8 week range with the PF tek.

About a half cc per hole is the norm, and usually 4 holes per PF jar..  Using any more than that wont speed it up, its just a waste. You cant rush nature!

You can harvest them anytime you wish.  Shrooms stop producing psilocin and psilocybin when the veil breaks, so if you want more grin for the gram, as soon as its starting to separate is the best time to pull em.     

PenisEnvy525

Thank you for all of the answers and then some. I got 12 jars, water heater, two bins, air pump, perlite, thermometer/humidity, a 24 hour timer, LED light, and something else for $99 from CaliGrow. I am nervous about it now, but I guess we will just see what happens. If Christmas is out of the question then I'll let them grow until their skirt (I believe) breaks.

Funny I am growing them seeing as my first trip was a total level 5, universal, complete loss of ego and awareness, terrifying trip through space. Next time I will respect the power of the fruit.

Thank you very much for helping me with some answers I haven't been able to find. I have two more. Say these turn into nice white cakes, how many mushrooms would you normally get per 1/2 pint cake, given they grow correctly? How much more potent are aborts? Like how much is enough with those?

darksyde

Only thing to do is give it a shot at this point..  I checked out your kit at their website and at the very least, most of what they gave you can be useful..  We just might try something new in the near future and use those supplies for other aspects of the process..

The "skirt" you are talking about is commonly known as the "veil"

As for your level 5 experience, it shouldnt be feared..  You just need to know and willingly want to be on that level to truly enjoy it.. Its always best to weigh out your dosage.  Just to eat 3 shrooms is a shot in the dark..  They are not all the same size and some have hollow stems while some have dense meaty stems.. 2 completely cracker dry grams of a new strain is a good baseline I suggest for beginners. 

As for predicting the yields of your cakes, no one can do that.. There are way too many variables..

Aborts wont be more potent.  They are all fairly equally as potent by weight up until the veil breaks and they stop producing the active ingredients.. Once the veil breaks, they dont lose any potency, but if the shroom grows another 2 inches and happens to weigh another half gram dry than it would have if you had picked it sooner, then its just not maintaining its potency per gram at that point..  Does that make sense? 

PenisEnvy525

I hope it works. IT seems to be a great environment in there right now. Staying a stable 83-84 degrees. The strains I got were Albino Penis Envy, Ban Hau Thanon, and Amazon. The Amazon container, well of the them, but that one the most, has quite a few small water droplets and it almost looks a little white, but way spread out. I can't tell if it is white fuzz or just what the condensation looks like.

Thank you. Veil.

Good to know about dosages, but I learned that one the hard way... And I won't forget it! haha It would have been epic, but everything was such a contradiction that life was existent but seized to. I was convinced I was dead but I couldn't be. I wasn't breathing, but I was hyperventilating  I was in another universe, but I was have been there 100 times before (the bed). Anyhoo, rambling. I am going to do a light dose like you suggested and then see what I want to do from there. I can always take more, but I can't drop it at all once it starts!

Thank you for the help. I will keep you informed of my process. I hope to see white in the next few days... We will see. Thanks again.

MoGrow

When did you actually inoculate ?

QuoteI can't tell if it is white fuzz or just what the condensation looks like.

can you post a pic ?

condensation is normal heres a pic of condensation on the inside of my jars.

You can see the water without the circles but im blazed so i had fun with paint....
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

PenisEnvy525

I inoculated about an two hours after I posted the topic. I would take a pic, but I have no camera other than my old phone which you wouldn't see anything anyway. It is more like a mist of small spots of water. The thing that is making me wonder is that it is almost all the way up and down one side of the jar, but was not starting from a center point. I think it is just water, but I still don't know. I guess we will find out. Again, it almost looks like fuzz, but not at all.... Sorry I can't be more helpful. I thank you for your help though!

PenisEnvy525

Hey, my brother had his old camera... Forgot about it. Here are some shots.

PenisEnvy525

It wouldn't put the full pics in there.... Sorry about that. I do have another question though: even though they are presterilized, premade jars from CaliGrow that were airtight when I got them (only time they weren't was time between my brother using the syringe and me immediately putting tape over the holes. That short duration.

From what I read people's growth slows or even stops until they let the CO2 build up out of the jar, but I see that mostly on jars people made themselves so I didn't know. Thank you! From looking up close it looks like that Amazon jar is getting some mycelium starting up near the top in the first pic, but I don't know. Hope so!!! Thanks again.

PenisEnvy525

Sorry for so many posts, but just an update. So the Amazon jar is definitely going. The white at the top of the first pic is now twice as big and easily noticable as pure white mycelia. The other two, APE and BHT, are not really going yet. The APE jar as a small spot of what I thought was fuzz before, so maybe it is coming in, but the BHT looks like it did a few days ago. No worries, I am going to just let it do its thing. I was wondering, my brother injected the spores for those two closer to the middle of the jar (not on purpose, but it was angled in for sure from the view I had). Maybe they are growing from the inside out. Anyway, enough with the ramble. YAY I am so excited Amazon is hauling ass. Lots of growth in just a few short hours.

PenisEnvy525

Update this morning. Sad news: Amazon was a contam. I know exactly when it happened too... I accidentally poked a hole through the tape while writing "A" in "Amazon". I washed it down with alcohol, but I guess some got away. Anyhoo, APE is starting to show a pinhead of mycelia on the side of the compost. BHT is pretty moist and not showing signs of mycelia, but we will see. I hope he is not a contam as well. Glad Penis Envy is showing healthy signs of growth though!

NathanHarmon

Quote from: darksyde on November 29, 2012, 03:15:52 PM
Hi and welcome

Coulda saved you some cash before you bought your "easy grow" jars by advising against them.. A lot of companies sell overpriced, ready-made kits & jars with promises of unrealistic results..

What jars did you order and where from?  With any luck they will work and this attempt can be successful, but I have some suggestions for your future grows when you're ready..

Dont like to shatter hopes & dreams, but Christmas led lighting is probably going to be out of the question unless you know someone that can hook you up.. From spore to shroom is usually gonna be in the 5-8 week range with the PF tek.

About a half cc per hole is the norm, and usually 4 holes per PF jar..  Using any more than that wont speed it up, its just a waste. You cant rush nature!

You can harvest them anytime you wish.  Shrooms stop producing psilocin and psilocybin when the veil breaks, so if you want more grin for the gram, as soon as its starting to separate is the best time to pull em.

Thanks for the information.. i am looking to invest in jars but I really liked your thought process as it will save me some money.. Thanks again