DUNK

Started by psilocybin warrior, April 26, 2007, 10:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psilocybin warrior

i read somwhere that if u do some sort of dunk u can increase your flush sizes, but the link wasnt working so i figured u would know?

alejio

I have read that as well.  In one of the more common interpretations of the PF Tek.  Talks about dunking cakes after removal of all mushrooms alive or dead, and getting up to four flushes from dunking in water... Ok so after searching, I found that it is actually here on fungifun.
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

Baphom3t

Not sure if you are casing your cakes or not,but either way dunking IME, is vital to rehydrating the substrate,and can cause subsequent flushes to be increased in size.
If you do not case your cakes put them in a tray of some kind put your cake in the tray with distilled water and keep the cake submerged for no more than 24hrs.
If you are casing your cakes,put the tray inside a bigger tray and fill with distilled water and submerge  for no more than 24hrs.
I also do a in-tray rehydration which IMO is much easier to do,but this will only work for cased cakes and cased grains.
All that requires is once you have done your 1st harvest fill your tray with distilled water and let the water sit in the tray in your FC for about 6-8 hrs then drain the tray out.
If you are using 2 quart aluminum trays the Myc for some reason likes to eat the aluminum(I have no answer for why) and a in-tray rehydration will still work but may not be as effective but I have done it with the trays like that as well and it will hold water long enough to rehydrate the substrate.
Cakes or cased trays love to float so you will have to have some kind of weight to hold them under the water.
Hope that helps PW
Baph