About waiting for mycelium...

Started by alejio, April 25, 2007, 08:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alejio

For my first run, I only inoculated 3, 1/2-pint jars (I know it isn't much, but I didn't want to "shoot my wad" on one go).  I was a little worried about the sterilization of the substrate whilst in the jars.  I was worried about the lack of water during the "boiling" period, as I was using a standard pot and not a pressure cooker/canner.  There seemed to be little (though observable) steam escape through the lid.  But, as I have been pretty careful as far as sterilization goes ie. gloves, antibacterial soap, using the cleanest room I have to perform all procedures I am more curious about the fact that there seems to be a slight condensation on the inside of the jars, with no visible water pooling at the bottom.  At what point does anyone more knowledgeable than me (which could be most anybody) expect mycelium to become visible, and is condensation without a noticeable buildup of water what I am looking for or not?.  Also, the jars have been kept in the bathroom with the heat on (the heat builds in the bathroom the most and the thermostat is between 80 and 90 on the dial, so achieving 80 or slightly higher is the norm I would guess), does this sound productive?.  So far does this sound ok?  If not, suggestions please.

psilocybin warrior

I Have been doing it the same way that you did it and yeah i kno what u mean by how u think u lost water, cusz thats what it looked like with mine but dont worry about it. Within 3-7 days you will start noticing the growth, i think it depends on what strain. But just be patient

alejio

Yup, 4 days in and significant presence of mycelium.  I did one more jar to finish of the syringe, but I am wondering if when I boiled it, I ended up drying it out.  Lots of whitish/clear looking pieces of vermiculite that were not present in the original jars.  I was thinking of adding water if thats the case via the currently empty syringe. Is this a good idea?

psilocybin warrior

No i have seen somthing similar to what your seeing in yours, and i would recommend not to add more water just be patient for a couple more days