Flipped a Lid

Started by axis, April 27, 2007, 05:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axis

sooo, at time of birthing cakes does we leave them on the lid and into the chamber, or but then what about what role does Perlite play if they are on lids?  I'll probly live but I'd rather be "TRIPPIN"

Thanks, for replies,,, ya'all trippers.

anno

You can put them directly on perlite, this way they also get moisture directly from perlite.

psilocybin warrior

Yea u can either leave them on a lid, or the perlite but i think that a wire mesh works pretty well.

psilocybin warrior

yeah u put it like an inch over the perlite or vermiculite, im not exactly sure why but it cant hurt u kno

Baphom3t

Being I don't do PF Tek I could be wrong,so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

The Mesh is put 1 inch above the perlite because the perlite produces humidity,and mesh has holes in it.
You don't put the cakes directly on the perlite because then the cake can become "waterlogged" or something of that nature.
The lid is there for more as a barrier,same goes for the mesh.
The lid can be placed directly on the perlite.
Good Luck,
Baph

psilocybin warrior

Another: IF, that's if,, the amount of innoc was just a little less than recommended in the jars, will it just take longer to colonize, and more chance of contam???

Yeah it will take longer, it might not finish colonizing either.

Myc

Axis,
You're cool to put the cakes directly on the perlite.  Don't turn your perlite into soup.  When you set up your fruiting chamber just get the entire mass of perlite moist.  Here's a good trick.  Put your intended amount of dry perlite into your fruiting chamber (I used about 2 inches leveled across the bottom).  Take back about 20% of the dry perlite and set it aside.  Add a hydrogen peroxide/ water solution to the perlite ( 1 1/2 tablespoon peroxide to one gal. of spring water-----more peroxide is not better!!!)  After mixing the water and the perlite, you should be able to tip your fruiting chamber to one side, scrape the perlite up to the high side and see no water running to the lower end (I hope this makes sense).  If you've got a little water running to the low side -- just add your dry perlite that you set aside earlier and mix it in to take up the excess.
As for the innoculation and using less solution.  So long as your jars are contaminant free to begin with and you don't open them for any reason, you shouldn't be increasing your chances of contamination.  Your colonization time may take a little longer but just let 'er go.  The mycelium will take over the whole jar in due time.

psilocybin warrior

I wouldnt reccomend it wait for anno to reply to that, but if it atleast colonizes 75 percent you can still fruit it. I have done that a couple times if it seems like it stops at anypoint for more than a week try putting it in your fc and some more myc will start growing in the spots it wouldnt in the jars.

psilocybin warrior

just send him a personal message its their for a reason right?

anno

is it not possible to add more innoc to the jars now?

It is possible, but....

>I think I could be sterile about it, but this is my first stab at the process. they have started to colonize after
>4-5 days and are not screaming with fuzz but I am getting nice starts of about 1/2 to 1 inch spots in the jars.

...you should simply wait some more. Since you are getting some colonization, it means the spores are viable. The jars will just need a bit longer, but  better spare the spore suspension for the next batch.

anno

>With alum foil covering the lids with 4 holes each and in incubator, still need to fan air?

No, not at this stage.

>I mean the jars are sealed pretty good with the foil so all how does the CO2 escape and fresh
>air enter very easily?

Very easily, no, but it does enter.

>I guess I best be gettin a FC in order just in case I get to need it. Which method is simple and
>effective, or best?

What is a "FC"?

axis

sorry, I thought FC was, stood for Fruiting Chamber.

I don't know if anno was answering me or the warrior.

Do the jars be turned upside down during colonization?

psilocybin warrior

you can turn the upside down during colonization if their starting to take to long at the bottom, but fc does stand for fruiting chamber

Baphom3t

FC = Fruiting Chamber

axis

Nooo, they are taking too long to get to the tops of the jars.

Is it possible they can start to pin before fully colonized?

been dam near a month now.

psilocybin warrior

ive fruited cakes that werent 100% colonized sit it out for another week and if nothing happens put it in your fc i guess, or you could dunk it first.

axis

I am now understanding to dunk at birth anyway, yes? Per video clip. those guys have it down man.

psilocybin warrior

Yeah dunking is a good way to keep the flush sizes bigger and use more of the nutrients from the cake.  It would be benificial if you were to dunk the cake before fruiting it for the first time but if not it will be fine.

axis

thanks, appreciate your input.

I might not get that chance since it has been near 5 weeks and still in the jars waiting to do the "Fully". I didn't realize in beginning there was so much info and involvment.

will wait and see what happens. gotta see more.

psilocybin warrior

Yeah i just checked some jars the other day that took 2 months to fully colonize