Many a "Q"

Started by axis, May 06, 2007, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axis

for tripping is it true that the caps give the visual and head effects, and stems for the body high?

do spores play a part in hallucinating or is it too late to eat the little goodies by then? Are spores bad to eat?

when is the best time to pick for eating or for drying. I've read to pick just after the veil breaks away for potency and I've read to pick at the time the caps flatten.

And would it help to use a vacuum sealer bag to keep them longer after drying.

thanks all,

axis

anno

>for tripping is it true that the caps give the visual and head effects, and stems for the body high?

I don't know about the trip quality. The caps though  contain somewhat more of the actives than the stems.
See http://www.shroomery.org/8755/Do-caps-or-stems-contain-more-psilocybin-psilocin

>do spores play a part in hallucinating

No, they contain no actives.

> Are spores bad to eat?

No.

>when is the best time to pick for eating or for drying. I've read to pick just after the veil
>breaks away for potency and I've read to pick at the time the caps flatten.

Anywhere between the time after the veil tears  and  before the caps flatten, for eating.
For spore prints, after the caps flatten and the spores visibly start dropping(by visibly I mean that there is a purple layer on the veil remains and on the stem).

>And would it help to use a vacuum sealer bag to keep them longer after drying.

It wouldn't hurt, since you would eliminate/reduce the oxygen contact with the mushrooms this way.

Baphom3t

"for tripping is it true that the caps give the visual and head effects, and stems for the body high?"

I've read that post at shroomery and have read other reports and papers and some say there is a differance and some say they are equal to potency.
I think it is strain dependent.I have ate the caps and/or just the stems and I never noticed a differance.
Thats just my expeirence :)