High temp and no condensation

Started by dremush, May 09, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dremush

the temps around here have started to get high and I'm starting to get worried due to the fact that there is no condensation on the walls of the fruiting chamber. the gauge that I have says at its highest during the day is about 82-83F. at nite it has been going down to 77-78F, I have no a/c and the house has no insulation (which really f**king sucks). so the room gets pretty dam hot. with high temps the visible condensation level has dropped to being able to see into the chamber clearly. I've gone and put more perlite to try and keep the humidity at a visible level rather than just going by the gauge, which reads about 85. does anybody have any cheap ideas on getting the chamber down to the best temp, and a visible humidity level for shroomy's?[/b] I'm afraid that the temp will keep rising as summer progresses. Thanks in advance. And by the way I have B+ and Ecuador

Myc

Regarding the low humidity:  I live in the desert so I built myself a "ghetto" air humidifier consisting of an aquarium air pump, some tubing, 2qt. jar, and an air stone.  Run an air tube from the output of the aquarium pump, through the lid of some type of jar, all the way to the bottom of that jar.  Place an air stone on the end of that tube (the stone will rest on the bottom of the jar).  Fill jar with hydrogen peroxide/ water solution ( 1.5 tbsp H2O2 per gal. of water) to within about 1.5 inches from the top.  The air gap at the top is important.  Run a new tube from just inside the lid of the jar (only poke it inside about .25 in. or so) and extend this new tube into your fruiting chamber.  While running, the air stone generates tiny bubbles which rise to the air gap in the jar, pressure drives this humidified air through the sencondary tube into your f.c.  I use H2O2 in the water to help keep down molds and contaminants.  This cost me around 20 bucks to build and I run it 24/7 with no negative results.
As for the temps.....I dunno.  Try running a small fan directed at the outside of the f.c. ?
Necessity if the mother of invention.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.  Good luck!

Baphom3t

dremush,what kind of setup do you have?
85 is to low,even for cased trays.you want at least 92% and up for trays.95-100% for cakes.You may need a new gauge they are very useful.
Also if you live in a dry area you may want to get more humidity with a Impaler or a Ultrasonic,depending on what your setup is.
On the high temps thing.
Why not try those things you can find in the sporting goods and camping section of a store that you can freeze in your freezer that is used in place of ice in a cooler.
Theoretically that would help with temps.
The only draw back would be,buying at least a few,wiping them down with 70% Isopropyl,and changing it when needed.
Just a idea for controlling high temps with no a/c.
Good Luck,
Baph

psilocybin warrior

You could try manual misting, but other than that where would i go about finding one of these humidity gauges.

Baphom3t

Quote from: psilocybin warrior on June 08, 2007, 10:56:18 AM
where would i go about finding one of these humidity gauges.

check at lowes.They have differant ones you can gander at.

axis

how bout one of those funky ones from a cigar shop. the ones you put in the wood box type humidifiers for keeping cigars fresh.

Baphom3t

Quote from: axis on June 09, 2007, 07:01:15 PM
how bout one of those funky ones from a cigar shop. the ones you put in the wood box type humidifiers for keeping cigars fresh.

Those work the best.They have to be calibrated once a week.